Wave from Ft. Lewis, WA

Thatsapperguy

How's it goin' Wayalifers. I've lurked around here for a few months. This is my second Jeep. First was a '10 Sahara that left me craving something better. I picked up my '15 JKUR a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I'm a newb in the world of anything off pavement. I have plans to tour the country with it and explore the well known trails. I'm not too familiar with any local trails so I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow Jeepers and learning something new.
jkur.jpg

UNLIMITED_FUN

Welcome from Bellevue!

Nice rig you have there, what's your mod plans?

I have a 2.5" lift and 315 DuraTracs, also looking to trail with some experienced folks. Hit me up too please.

Thatsapperguy

Welcome from Bellevue!

Nice rig you have there, what's your mod plans?

I have a 2.5" lift and 315 DuraTracs, also looking to trail with some experienced folks. Hit me up too please.

So far I have Truk-lite led headlights and Spidertrax wheel spacers. Since it is going to be a family rig I just want simple. AEV 2.5" lift, 34" Toyo MT's, Gobi rack, AEV or ARB bumpers and a winch. By the time I accomplish all of that I'm sure I'll crave more since that's the name of the game.

Benny

Thanks! Are there any decent trails around suitable for a stock rig?

Welcome to Wayalife. As for trails, check out Tahuya ORV park. It's located just outside of Belfair, WA. About an 2 hour drive from JBLM.
Very easy trail but great for stock or lightly modded vehicles. During the rainy times, there can be alot of standing puddles but still doable.

Jeepfan30

Welcome from, well Oahu for now. I spent 10 years at JBLM and will be back in about a year. Tahuya is good for getting your feet wet and getting familiar with your new Jeep, Evans Creek is another good place, has some more challenging trails. Hydro blue looks good, nice JKUR!

Thatsapperguy

Welcome to Wayalife. As for trails, check out Tahuya ORV park. It's located just outside of Belfair, WA. About an 2 hour drive from JBLM.
Very easy trail but great for stock or lightly modded vehicles. During the rainy times, there can be alot of standing puddles but still doable.

Thanks I'll have to check it out!

Jeepfan30

If you look under the WAYALIFE Films section you'll see the PNW video as they did in WA. Awesome videos and you'll see all the local trails they ran.

Thatsapperguy

Welcome from, well Oahu for now. I spent 10 years at JBLM and will be back in about a year. Tahuya is good for getting your feet wet and getting familiar with your new Jeep, Evans Creek is another good place, has some more challenging trails. Hydro blue looks good, nice JKUR!

Thanks! I'll look into that as well. Have you been on any of the trails in the training areas?

Jeepfan30

Thanks! I'll look into that as well. Have you been on any of the trails in the training areas?

I have randomly driven around some of them. If you go back by the lake on North Fort (bayonet course side), there are some short off camber type trails. Good place close to home to test your suspension setup and see if anything rubs before driving to a trail and finding out.

Thatsapperguy

I have randomly driven around some of them. If you go back by the lake on North Fort (bayonet course side), there are some short off camber type trails. Good place close to home to test your suspension setup and see if anything rubs before driving to a trail and finding out.

It's funny you mention there. I got my first jeep stuck in a mud hole out there last fall. I'll take a better look at the trails out there.

Top Bottom