New Mopar parts list - high line/flat top fenders and bead locks, big brake kit

jeeeep

Hooked
Not sure this was out there (as I may have missed it but just found this) but Mopar just announced part numbers and prices for the flat top fenders and bead locks that were on Mojo, Level Red and Maximum Performance from SEMA and EJS, also a new Mopar big brake kit. Here's a link:

http://www.media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=16470&mid

the big brake kit is Teraflex's and for fronts only. I have the Dynatrac brake kit, all 4 rotors get replaced and IMO stopping with 37's is better than the stock setup with stock wheels.

as a comparison I ran stock, pulled a 5x10 trailer and stopping was planned well in advance, steep inclines were at times scary, I felt I couldn't push the brakes hard enough.

Upgraded all 4 to power-stop slotted/drilled rotors and pads, stopping improved greatly with the trailer and on steep inclines became less intimidating, great in the rain.

Put 37's on, braking was fine, no noticeable push from the larger tires, towing a loaded trailer I could feel the push, no real issues in the rain but needed the extra stopping space.

Installed the Dyntrac brakes, wow...what a difference, I didn't expect then to grab like they do. They grabbed on the steeps no slip (Moab), we've had a lot of rain here and they stop without the feeling of that rolling push of the larger tires.

mattfl

Those beadlocks are tempting, they can be found for under $300 on the buymoparpartsnow website

USMCvet

Banned
I just ordered a set of the high clearance fender flares. They aren't in yet but I should have them this week. It took a minute for my local dealer to find the pat number last week. But they finally got it I was on my way.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I just ordered a set of the high clearance fender flares. They aren't in yet but I should have them this week. It took a minute for my local dealer to find the pat number last week. But they finally got it I was on my way.

Nice. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them. :thumb:

dwmgcs

Boy, you are really going to town on that rig, can't wait to see it.

GreggNY

Please post pics when you get them on!

USMCvet

Banned
Please post pics when you get them on!

Will do. Now, I ordered the high clearance not the flat style. The high clearance look like the stock fenders, just moved up a few inches. Anyhow, when I get them installed, I'll be sure to post some pics.

lulu2533

Will do. Now, I ordered the high clearance not the flat style. The high clearance look like the stock fenders, just moved up a few inches. Anyhow, when I get them installed, I'll be sure to post some pics.

So are they the same width as the stockers? I'm going to be needing something wider by Sept. Just want to know all my options.

dwmgcs

I'll be sure to post some pics. It'll be the middle of next week I'd say.

Man, we need to get a run going, I want to see that thing in person, I'm doing the Jamboree so probably after that but we should plan something soon.

USMCvet

Banned
Man, we need to get a run going, I want to see that thing in person, I'm doing the Jamboree so probably after that but we should plan something soon.

I agree. What month and I'll get the coastal range crew together and start putting a plan together.

USMCvet

Banned
So are they the same width as the stockers? I'm going to be needing something wider by Sept. Just want to know all my options.

They are only a 1/2" wider but that will work for me. Plus it saves weight from the ones I was planning on. I'll either keep those as a back up or sell those.

dwmgcs

I agree. What month and I'll get the coastal range crew together and start putting a plan together.

The Jamboree is the 11th -13th of June so pretty much any time after that, I'm pretty flexible most of the time and don't need much notice, whatever works for anybody else should work for me.

lulu2533

They are only a 1/2" wider but that will work for me. Plus it saves weight from the ones I was planning on. I'll either keep those as a back up or sell those.

Ok, thanks. They aren't going to be wide enough for my 35's. I need about 2 inches more in order to comply with PA inspection code. We have some of the stupidest laws here.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Ok, thanks. They aren't going to be wide enough for my 35's. I need about 2 inches more in order to comply with PA inspection code. We have some of the stupidest laws here.

Having lived in PA totally agree. You need to find that "special" inspection shop lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Having lived in PA totally agree. You need to find that "special" inspection shop lol

What gecko said. I live(d) in PA and my tires stick way out past my flares. I have passed two inspections. You just need to find the right dealer or right inspection shop to do it. The local dealer by me works with Quadratec a lot so they know the game and the inspection place I used last month is a friend of mine.

lulu2533

Yeah, I really want to put that money towards a rear bumper. I might have to shop around for a different shop to get it inspected. I usually take all my jeeps to the dealer for that.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I really want to put that money towards a rear bumper. I might have to shop around for a different shop to get it inspected. I usually take all my jeeps to the dealer for that.

The placed I used to go to I got a free beer with my inspection. Lol.

Top Bottom