Dynatrac Pro Grip w/ 40" tires Question

Kpalas

Hey guys, looking to see if anybody is running the Dynatrac pro grip brake system on a JKU that is set up similar to mine. I've got Currie rock jock 60s front and rear, poison spiders bumpers, tire carrier, and sliders, 40 inch tires on 17 inch race line bead locks. Looking for feedback on break performance. I'm just wondering if this system is worth it considering how heavy my vehicle is. Thanks!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey guys, looking to see if anybody is running the Dynatrac pro grip brake system on a JKU that is set up similar to mine. I've got Currie rock jock 60s front and rear, poison spiders bumpers, tire carrier, and sliders, 40 inch tires on 17 inch race line bead locks. Looking for feedback on break performance. I'm just wondering if this system is worth it considering how heavy my vehicle is. Thanks!

Are your rock jocks 5 lug or 8 lug? If the latter the pro grips will not work as they only come on 5 lug.

Kpalas

Did your rock jocks come with bigger breaks like the dynatrac 60's do? If so I'm not sure the pro grips would work but then again I'm not 100% sure

I think the front axles came with bigger rotors but otherwise I'm using the stock brake system.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Did your rock jocks come with bigger breaks like the dynatrac 60's do? If so I'm not sure the pro grips would work but then again I'm not 100% sure

I think the front axles came with bigger rotors but otherwise I'm using the stock brake system.

Hmm i don't see why they wouldn't work then. I would wait for someone to chime in who may know more or just give dynatrac a call in the morning and see what they say

linehand08

I run the same setup. I'd call dynatrac there customer service is awesome with knowledgeable staff. I'm gonna convert to there style knuckles and hub's the next time my hubs seize up. on the cheap I'd try EBC brakes and pads first.

OscarMike2.0

I dont think so but that shouldnt matter you can just re drill the rotors or buy new ones.

Kpalas

You should be able to order up a set of ProGrip rotors will fit 5x5.5 bolt pattern. That is what I am running now on Rubicat.

Eddie, do you feel the Pro Grip is worth it? Running 40" on Rubicat, how much better does it stop?

Yes we can provide a kit with 5on5.5" BC. We will happily put the extra BC in a set of rotors for a small charge. We don't have an official price, but assume $6 dollars per rotor. We have not had many requests for this yet.

Of course the ProGrip kit fits all ProRock and Trail-Series, Semi-float JK rear axles. It is also available as an optional upgrade with any turnkey axle order.

As far as we know at this time the ProGrip kits should fit any other aftermarket axle as long as that axle matches the stock JK axle brake interface. If you see stock brakes in place on your axle, double check with your axle builder to make certain that no special modification or deviations were implemented.

I have asked around and as yet we cannot verify a customer that has installed a ProGrip on a Rock Jock, but many kits have been sold and it is likely that by now someone has. If you would like to volunteer yourself as a test bed. Please send us a private message and we can discuss if that is an option for you. It will require some responsibilities on your part.

The effectiveness of the ProGrip kit is substantial. It will make a considerable difference in the stopping capability of your Jeep, even with 40" tires. We used 37" for testing because we did side by side comparison of JK's with other kits that were equipped with 37" tires. We wanted to get conclusive evidence that our kit was the best. The test was a success.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, do you feel the Pro Grip is worth it? Running 40" on Rubicat, how much better does it stop?

Yes! I have a spare set of 40x15.50's and have installed them on Rubicat for testing purposes. The ProGrips STILL provide a surprising amount of stopping power and I would say they would be worth it.

main.php

Kpalas

Yes! I have a spare set of 40x15.50's and have installed them on Rubicat for testing purposes. The ProGrips STILL provide a surprising amount of stopping power and I would say they would be worth it.

main.php

Ok, thank you for your input, appreciate it.

Top Bottom