WART HOG - Starwood 1 off custom

junior

For wanting one for oof, a heck of a long time, decided to dive in head first. *I have never owned a jeep before, so I am a proud newb, but eager to get wheelin. *After 6 or so months in research and reading endless forums on modifing, and Wayalife videos (AWESOME by the way!) chose to put together my dream list of parts and since I'm not at all mechanically inclined had the good folks at Starwood put it together. *I bought it in April without seeing the jeep, and should have it in 3 weeks or so. *The name Wart Hog is from the video game HALO i've been playing for 10+ yrs, lol. *So the following is a list of parts I have put together thus far on my 2015 Starwood jeep:*

-Bright White KevIar

-Alpine system A, backup camera, nav, 9 speaker w/ subwoofer, remote start

-Pocket Fenders

-Smitty Built SRC Stinger Front Bumper

-AEV JK rear Bumper With Tire Carrier

-4” Pro Comp Lift

-AEV Snorkel

-20”x 12**Fuel -Nutz D251 Rims

-35" Nitro Trail Grappler (couldn't go bigger won't fit in garage)

-10,000 Lb Warn Zeon 10 Winch

-Rigid Industries 50” LED Light Bar.*

- 4 fog lights

-AEV Hood sprayed*bright white*Kevlar

-Safari Doors

-Smitty Built Glove Box safe

-SPOD 6 Installed above rear view

-Cobra LED Bluetooth CB w/ Firestik

-bikini top, and cargo rear

-10 gallon fuel caddy

-5 gallon water caddy inside bumper

big dr

May I suggest you go with a smaller rim size. 20's on a 35 is going to make for a rough ride. I understand the look your going for,, but it doesn't translate well off road.

junior

That was one of my dilemmas, but ur exactly right, I wanted a certain look as well. In regards to off road, that's why I went top shelf on winch, and a kick butt recovery bag, lol. I guess it's a compromise.

BlackHawk08jk

May I suggest you go with a smaller rim size. 20's on a 35 is going to make for a rough ride. I understand the look your going for,, but it doesn't translate well off road.

Agreed 20s with 35s will be rough on road, and will suck off-road. Definitely would not go that route.

junior

Lololol! As for Starwood, I put pencil to paper and added everything together on my own, jeep, parts, time, labor and yeah they aren't losing by any means, but not as bad as one thinks, but yep it stung a little bit. I think well worth it and can't wait!

Peak

Grab a few buddies and do this all this in your drive way. Can easily be done in a weekend with a few extra hands. Of course, besides the paint. Will save you a ton of $$ for sure.

MIURA

In to see results.. Any particular reason why you chose the smittybilt stinger instead of a more "expensive" brand? With such a nice rear bumper I would expect the front to be just as nice!

JokerJKU

Nah, I wanted that front bumper, and 20s, they started with 17s, agree pro comp was them

Sadly, Starwood sells crap priced like gold so they can afford their uber expensive SEMA builds.

For similar money to what they charge for a basic build on a Wrangler Sport, you can easily have EVO build a pretty solid JKU with coilovers, a PR44, and long arms if not an actual top of the line JK with full DTD, longarms, and PR60/80. Of course it won't have Bentley Leather seats or Kevlar paint but that Kevlar paint that Starwood uses can be had locally in DFW for about $3k if you were so inclined and I'm not sure anyone that actually off-roads their JK really needs or would even want Bentley leather seats.

Starwood has their market however, and in Dallas it's the mall crawler crowd in Southlake, Highland Park, and Preston Hollow without question.

Nah, I wanted that front bumper, and 20s, they started with 17s, agree pro comp was them

Just so you understand, not many people here are fans of Starwood and some aren't too keen on the idea of "bought" vs "built". It's nothing against you personally.

Top Bottom