Military dump trailer

David1tontj

There is a really cool military dump trailer for sale from the same place I got my trailer. Thought I'd post up a couple pics if anyone is looking for one. Located in Corvallis, Oregon.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433047994.381554.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433048028.943763.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433048072.923942.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433048100.130092.jpg

David1tontj

Picked mine up at a surplus military auction for $400.

Sweet!! I would love to go to one of those auctions.

I probably paid way too much for my m1102, but it is too awesome. 8 lug that matches my jeep, 37" tires on beadlocks with run flats, high clearance axle, all aluminum construction. Just way too cool.

Here's a pic after I narrowed mine.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433131452.911867.jpg

SilverBack

Make sure you all wear a respirator when performing any corrosion control on those things. They use CARC (Chemical Agent Resistive Coating) instead of paint. It is a carcinogen and should never be sanded without the use of a respirator.

Last edited:

pastorwug

Make sure you all wear a respirator when performing any corrosion control on those things. They use CARC (Chemical Agent Resistive Coating) instead of paint. It is a carcinogen and should never be sanded without the use of a respirator.

That's good to know, I've done some work on my M101A1 and didn't know that, though I figured it probably was lead based paint so I took precautions for that.

dwmgcs

I probably paid way too much for my m1102, but it is too awesome. 8 lug that matches my jeep, 37" tires on beadlocks with run flats, high clearance axle, all aluminum construction. Just way too cool.

View attachment 146555

Is that thing completely done now with fenders and all of the rivets in place, lol

David1tontj

Is that thing completely done now with fenders and all of the rivets in place, lol

No actually! I put the inner fenders on, but we ended up selling our house all of a sudden, so I got a little sidetracked and now I don't have a garage for another month. And still been super busy. 😔

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

View attachment 146555

How's the TJ do pulling it? Any weight on the tailgate from the razor ?

David1tontj

How's the TJ do pulling it? Any weight on the tailgate from the razor ?

The Tj does great power wise- the weight is really high up with the Rzr in it, so it's nothing you want to race around corners with. I plan on putting in some airbags on the Tj to help stabilize things a little, but it's been okay this far.

The rear axle of the Rzr sits right on the tailgate hinge, so there isn't much weight on the cables when hauling. Seems like a perfect fit.

Top Bottom