Bantam Heritage festival

TexasJC

I'm making the long road trip next week from Houston to Butler to enjoy the heritage festival and see some family. Anyone else going? First time to attend this event, and was wondering about past thoughts. I'm taking the route through Nashville and Louisville ( think its 40?). Any suggestions on cool stuff to see?

BlkOpsCzr

Hey TexasJC,

My wife and I will be attending the Heritage Fest also. Its our second trip and we will be driving up from North Carolina. We had a great time last year and took part in a lot of what they offered. You will be glad you went. Drive safe and maybe we will see each other there.

Tom

The corvette museum and factory is in KY and will not be to far out of your way. Let me think on this a bit.... I'll have more :)

We will be at Bantam too. We are trail guides most of the weekend,

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The corvette museum and factory is in KY and will not be to far out of your way. Let me think on this a bit.... I'll have more :)

We will be at Bantam too. We are trail guides most of the weekend,

Is that the one that the sink hole swallowed last year?

kornchip

If you like bourbon/whiskey you may enjoy some of the distillery tours on the way up. We did Makers Mark, Jack Daniels and Wild Turkey on our trip down to Nashville. Check out the Kentucky Bourbon Trail website. Jack Daniels and Lynchburg were pretty awesome. Also Mammoth Cave National park is between Nashville and Louisville and is worth a stop if you have the time.

Once you get up to the Jeep fest check out the North Country Brewery in Slippery Rock. Its off the next exit on 79. I wont be there during the day due to military drill but I can meet up in the evening if we wanna get a group together.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's the one :yup: The pulled the last car from it a while ago and it is my understanding that they have repaired the cause of the sink hole and museum (I'm not certain on this though)

Yeah I think I heard that also. Pretty sure they left the beat up cars dirty in the museum also.

TexasJC

I'm sure that I'll be hitting up some breweries in the area ( that's what I do for a living). My wife's company is a sponsor, so I still don't know all that we are doing besides the parade. Sure it will be fun, and hope to meet some of y'all.

Top Bottom