Lift Kit Needs

CBoston

Hey All
So want to order my lift today and after researching the following is what I think will be needed. If anyone would let me know of things I may need right away it would be appreciated !

-Rancho 3inch Sport System Lift with RS9000XL Shocks
-DANA SPICER® Front Drive Shaft Kit
-Rancho Control Arm Bracket

noroad

Hey All
So want to order my lift today and after researching the following is what I think will be needed. If anyone would let me know of things I may need right away it would be appreciated !

-Rancho 3inch Sport System Lift with RS9000XL Shocks
-DANA SPICER® Front Drive Shaft Kit
-Rancho Control Arm Bracket

I would just get a cv drive shaft and call it a day. As well as just get front lower adjustable control arms.

Does the kit come with new extended brake lines or drop brackets? If it is drop brackets I would get extended brake lines.

I would look for a kit that has front Lower Adjustable Control Arms instead of brackets. It seems to me the brackets will be a weak link. Again that is just my opinion.

Drive shaft kit is not really necessary in my opinion. I have the EVO 3 inch Plush Ride coils and still running a stock driveshaft front and rear with no issues.

R/
Will

CBoston

Does the kit come with new extended brake lines or drop brackets? If it is drop brackets I would get extended brake lines.

I would look for a kit that has front Lower Adjustable Control Arms instead of brackets. It seems to me the brackets will be a weak link. Again that is just my opinion.

Drive shaft kit is not really necessary in my opinion. I have the EVO 3 inch Plush Ride coils and still running a stock driveshaft front and rear with no issues.

R/
Will

Oh really... Saw an earlier thread about people saying you'd be dumb not to change out the front driveshaft...

Oh really... Saw an earlier thread about people saying you'd be dumb not to change out the front driveshaft...

On 2012 and up you will need to change the drive shaft or use exhaust spacers so that the boot does not contact the Y pipe.

Like I said in my post it is just my opinion. You ask for advice and I gave you what is working for me on my 2011.

CBoston

On 2012 and up you will need to change the drive shaft or use exhaust spacers so that the boot does not contact the Y pipe.

Like I said in my post it is just my opinion. You ask for advice and I gave you what is working for me on my 2011.

Sweet!! Mines a 2008 so save me a couple bucks for other add ons !!

YJ_Tom

I just installed this lift and the geometry correction brackets a month ago. So far super happy with it. Doing the exhaust spacer this weekend.

Rccrwlr

Sweet!! Mines a 2008 so save me a couple bucks for other add ons !!

Just installed this lift a month on our 2008 (Clifford) and first test flex I ripped the front driveshaft boot. Now it's not the end of the world but plan to replace.

Went with EVO front LCA and EVO DL flip. Drives actually better than stock.

What shocks you going with?

CBoston

Just installed this lift a month on our 2008 (Clifford) and first test flex I ripped the front driveshaft boot. Now it's not the end of the world but plan to replace.

Went with EVO front LCA and EVO DL flip. Drives actually better than stock.

What shocks you going with?

Going with the rancho 9000xl.
And yea think i will install and see how the flex is first before i buy a new shaft.

Top Bottom