Currie rear 60 vs Dynatrac Rear 60

OscarMike2.0

Hopefully by Julyish I will be ordering a rear 60 for my jku. I have narrowed my choices down to currie or dynatrac. I do not have the money for a full float and dont plan on going bigger than 37s because its a DD. My question is why is the Dynatrac an extra 2000 (other than the high clearence diff). Is there something I am missing? If not it seems like its a no brainer to go Currie. Does anyone have any personal experience with the Currie?

Cost: 5500 +Tax
Dynatrac Semi Float 60
ARB
35 Spiline
1350 Yoke
68.5 Extended width

Cost: 3600 +Tax
Currie Semi Float 60
ARB
35 Spiline
1350 Yoke
68.5 Extended width

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I could have saved money going with a rough country or zone lift. Same applies here.

OscarMike2.0

I could have saved money going with a rough country or zone lift. Same applies here.

So you honestly telling me you think currie is the equivalent to rough country or zone? I hope your joking. Currie has been around alot longer and has a proven product (Not to say dynatrac isnt proven because we all know they are).

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I don't have first hand experience but would say the Dynatrac over the Currie based off of everything that I've seen here and on the wayalife videos.

Spring for the full floater if you can. While it may be over kill for 37s, over kill will never leave you stranded.

Edit to add: if your not going bigger than 37s, why not just get a pr44 front and build up your rear 44?

OscarMike2.0

I don't have first hand experience but would say the Dynatrac over the Currie based off of everything that I've seen here and on the wayalife videos.

Spring for the full floater if you can. While it may be over kill for 37s, over kill will never leave you stranded.

Yah I agree. If I had the funds I would go dynatrac but I just dont and will not for the foreseeable future. Same goes for full float. I plan on keeping a spare axle shaft so I dont think ill be getting stranded.

OscarMike2.0

U edited while I was typing lol :mad:

I am thinking about doing a front currie 44 to match a rear currie 60.

The price for a pr44 front and pr60 rear is around 11,000 where as that same setup for currie is around 8,600 roughly. At that price I could almost get front and rear currie 60s. :hmm:

noroad

so a guy i know just installed a rockjock 60 front, wheeled it 2 times, just ripped the inside copper air line off with the ring gear. ( it came set up by them) they are covering all costs but still sad after 2 trips. I would grab the trail 60 or pr 60 over the currie just for the fact people have been beating on there axles and you never hear bad things. 2k more now or who knows how much later. dont cheap out on parts that get you home.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Randy from the JKX used to run Rock Jock 60's but kept breaking it. One such break happened when we were on Billings Canyon in Colorado. Randy now runs Dynatrac ProRocks and hasn't had any problems. Currie makes great products and I recommend them all the time. But, when it comes to axles, it has been my experience that you get what you pay for.

OscarMike2.0

so a guy i know just installed a rockjock 60 front, wheeled it 2 times, just ripped the inside copper air line off with the ring gear. ( it came set up by them) they are covering all costs but still sad after 2 trips. I would grab the trail 60 over the currie just for the fact people have been beating on there axles and you never hear bad things. 2k more now or who knows how much later. dont cheap out on parts that get you home.

I could understand where your coming from if we comparing Teraflex axles but this is Currie and I have personally seen a few on heavily wheeled jks and never heard of them having any problems :hmm:

OscarMike2.0

Randy from the JKX used to run Rock Jock 60's but kept breaking it. One such break happened when we were on Billings Canyon in Colorado. Randy now runs Dynatrac ProRocks and hasn't had any problems. Currie makes great products and I recommend them all the time. But, when it comes to axles, it has been my experience that you get what you pay for.

Doesnt randy run 40s with a v8:hmm:? I dont plan on going bigger than 37s and maybe someday a supercharged v6..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I could understand where your coming from if we comparing Teraflex axles but this is Currie and I have personally seen a few on heavily wheeled jks and never heard of them having any problems :hmm:

Well, we all have our own idea of what "heavily wheeled" really means.

Doesnt randy run 40s with a v8:hmm:? I dont plan on going bigger than 37s and maybe someday a supercharged v6..

Kinda' sounds like your mind is made up and your looking for approval. :thinking:

noroad

it kind sounds like you have your mind made up already! good luck!

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Hopefully by Julyish I will be ordering a rear 60 for my jku. I have narrowed my choices down to currie or dynatrac. I do not have the money for a full float and dont plan on going bigger than 37s because its a DD. My question is why is the Dynatrac an extra 2000 (other than the high clearence diff). Is there something I am missing? If not it seems like its a no brainer to go Currie. Does anyone have any personal experience with the Currie?

Cost: 5500 +Tax
Dynatrac Semi Float 60
ARB
35 Spiline
1350 Yoke
68.5 Extended width

Cost: 3600 +Tax
Currie Semi Float 60
ARB
35 Spiline
1350 Yoke
68.5 Extended width

I have the Dynatrac Trail 60 with upgraded PR60 housing... aka the ProRock60 semi float.

1) Why are you going extended width to 68.5"? Unless you are going to a 1 ton in front also (in which case you should go FF rear) don't understand.
2) Where did you find a Currie RJ60 @ that 68.5" for so cheap? Is it the G2 version?

I have never had an issue with my PR60. My best friend has had issues with his RJ60 (mainly cover leaking from what I believe is the axle flexing). I think both are good products, I just always heard great things about Dynatrac from everyone I know who runs them and heard too many bad storied from folks and their Curries. That made the call for me. Back when I had looked they weren't that far apart. I know the only positive on the Currie is the rear trackbar bracket is adjustable height. The Dynatrac you need to change it if you want a raised trackbar height at axle end.

Top Bottom