Greetings from SoCal

1stbaserobo

Admittedly this is the first forum I have actually joined. I've been no stranger to this site though. I have gleaned much information through web searches finding out how to do things to my JK as I modify it. I, like many of you have done the same thing prior to joining. Out of all of the jeep forums out there I've found this one to be the most informed. Now, as a member, I have had an opportunity to browse the site and I am very impressed with how organized it is. I also really enjoyed the personal welcome message I received from Eddie. Very genuine.
As far as my jeep history goes I've had an '85 Cherokee which I loved but no longer own. It was sold off during the last great depression to pay bills. I'm still sad about that. My current Jeep is an '08 2 door JK that I purchased used in 2010. It was a rental jeep that came from Hawaii and it showed up at the dealership the same day I did. The techs never even had a chance to go through it before I was driving it up I-15 to my home. As far as mods go, I've been slow and steady as it nickels and dimes me. I'm running 2.5" Rock Krawler coils and front track bar, stock arms, Bilstein 5100 shocks and King bump stops. My Dana 30 has been sleeved and the C's gusseted as well as running an Aussie lunchbox locker. I corrected the transmission overheating problem that plagues the older JKs by installing an additional six tube cooler. I'm running 12.5 x 35 x15R General Grabbers with 3.73 gears and have it superchiped. The rest are the basic cosmetic after market bumpers and rock sliders, 11500 wench and full coverage roof rack. My jeep is no mall crawler and am proud to say that I have done every single thing to this jeep myself.
Well that's about it for my introduction to the group. I am looking forward to being a Wayalife member and hopefully chiming in and helping out on topics that I've already been through with my jeep and being able to ask of the members for information on the things I have still yet to do. Best regards

Top Bottom