Lookin for Illinois Jeepers

jeffro

Lookin for Illinois Wayalife Jeepers

I've been digging around and it looks like there were a few. Are you still here ? If so, give me a wave. Let me know where you're at in the state.

Last edited:

JLSilerJK

I live in the SW burbs. The winter months killed my Jeepin spirits! An adventure to Silver Lake May 20th got me feeling good again. Just talked to Discount Tire- they got my order in so new shoes tomorrow! Is anyone hitting the Cliffs on Sunday that would want to show a newb around?

jeffro

I live in the SW burbs. The winter months killed my Jeepin spirits! An adventure to Silver Lake May 20th got me feeling good again. Just talked to Discount Tire- they got my order in so new shoes tomorrow! Is anyone hitting the Cliffs on Sunday that would want to show a newb around?

Hi JLSilerJK, thanks for stopping by, and yes, I'm definitely a noob at off roading. I'm tied up this weekend, and if I disappoint my 2 grandsons, they will disown me. one question, where are the "cliffs" ?

We do little crawlin

16927726508_0b0010dcb8_c.jpg

BlueBox

Couple pics of my rig.

And Cliffs is in Marsailles, IL. Its Ok. For you Badlands in Attica, IN is probably just as close and way more fun imo.

KXf2mm4.jpg

b4sxI6S.jpg

lQugT5S.jpg

JLSilerJK

A wave back to everyone here. Thanks for starting this thread!

Sorry If my Cliffs comment came off wrong. I'm the newb looking to go to the cliffs! Ive never been and my quad riding buddy said I'd never make it out alive. Getting some trail grapplers installed tommorrow and I wanna see what they can do. Beers and a sandwich on meafter?

Those look like some mean rocks to crawl!

jeffro

A wave back to everyone here. Thanks for starting this thread!

Sorry If my Cliffs comment came off wrong. I'm the newb looking to go to the cliffs! Ive never been and my quad riding buddy said I'd never make it out alive. Getting some trail grapplers installed tommorrow and I wanna see what they can do. Beers and a sandwich on meafter?

Those look like some mean rocks to crawl!

Not a problem. I did some digging in the graveyard first before I started it, just to make sure I wasn't repeating a thread. I don't think I missed it.

Anyway a question for you guys, have any of you ever gone out to see Eddie or planning on it ? I can't do it yet, but someday, I'm headed out to meet him.

@ BlueBox, that's a good looking rig, I hope to see it in person sometime.

BlueBox

Thanks guys. Its a work in progress but I'm pleased how its coming along.

I'd love to make it on a wayalife run. Work and distance are going to make it hard for me. I think this year Colorado is going to be the furthest west I make it. 1100 mi in one day is going to be interesting!

jeffro

Thanks guys. Its a work in progress but I'm pleased how its coming along.

I'd love to make it on a wayalife run. Work and distance are going to make it hard for me. I think this year Colorado is going to be the furthest west I make it. 1100 mi in one day is going to be interesting!

I have a long road ahead of me, to build my Jeep the way I want or needs to be and I have about 4 years before I retire, and I'm hoping by then, or a little sooner to have it ready for a JK journey. ( I'm just not sure where the damn Mastiff is going to ride ) :) Maybe by that time we Illinois Jeepers can gather and head west someday in the future.

My wife and I are headed that direction coming up soon, just no Jeep, we're taking the Escape......saves the jeep for later. :D

Top Bottom