what do you do with your doors?

bl17z90

Random topic but I was curious how eveyrone stores their doors when they are removed. They can be a pain to find a place for when they are off especially when you have a 4 door. I have noticed its a lot easier with the mirrors relocated to the body. I do this all the time and was curious, does anyone else forget to put the door bolts back in when they put them back on?:bleh:

Robar

The Enforcer
I lean my doors against the wall in the garage. Once removed I never re-install the door nuts.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I also store them in the garage against the wall. I should find a better spot for them though as the doors are always off. I have owned my jeep for 4.5 months and the doors and top were off for about 3.5 of those months.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
we store our doors inside our den, they just kinda become part of the furniture :D
as far as the nuts go, we just leave them off like robar.

NAUJK

At home on a towel or something soft leaning against the wall, or in the living room till the parentals get annoyed. While here in Arizona for class, in my apartment they just kinda take up my bedroom but now that our deck is cleaned off most likely there once it gets warm enough to take em off again. And yea what WOL and Robar said, Once the bolts were taken off, never put them back on, they are in a zip lock bag in my storage bin.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
This is where I store my doors. Currently storing my tube doors as my hard doors are on. As far as the bolts I just thread them on the bottom of the door posts when storing them.

image-1445131576.jpg

Very do-it-yourself hangars and shelves. Probably cost me no more than $15 to make.

Skid_Kid

Here is a pic of the rack I built in the garage with doors from my 2011 on it. Works great and cost about $50 to build.

image-1602237974.jpg

rinkishjk

My doors get schlepped up to our 2nd floor apt and clutter up the living room.... My wife has gotten used to it.. My door nuts have been off for over 3yrs since first door removal. Never looked back.
I was gonna get brackets to hang them, but I have Window guards and won't work.

bl17z90

I was keeping them in the garage against the back wall but the last time i had them off one slipped and the interior pain scraped against bare cider block wall. So now im thinking of some sort of hangar build, i know they sell them but thats no fun :p

serielle

In the garage, propped up against the wall. And the bolts stay off for the summer and only go back on once I admit that the doors aren't coming back off until the spring. :naw:

aldaman

Random topic but I was curious how eveyrone stores their doors when they are removed. They can be a pain to find a place for when they are off especially when you have a 4 door. I have noticed its a lot easier with the mirrors relocated to the body. I do this all the time and was curious, does anyone else forget to put the door bolts back in when they put them back on?:bleh:

Like some of the previous posts, I built a door hanger mounted on the wall as well....

IMAG0259.jpg

:cool:

mjhau02

Mine stay in the extra bedroom....as for my nuts...my wife's purse mostly.Oh...the door nuts, in the glove box and have never been back on.:cheesy:

kaptkrappy

I'm thinking about getting a set of Ace Engineering's door hangers or making something similar.

I currently just set my doors on the garage floor with some foam padding under them leaning againt the wall.

I have Vent Shades, so I can't use the simple wall hook type of hangers.

I like the idea of them hanging and not falling over.

ACE_Jeep_JK_Door_Hanger_002.jpg
ACE_Jeep_JK_Door_Hanger_004.jpg

Jersey_Devil

I put mine in the backyard and lean and against the fence the door nuts I just put back on the doors bolts..... And I don't like the way it looks with no bolts on when the doors are on, like how some ppl just throw the bolts out

aldaman

How about hard tops? I can never finf a good place to store it

I purchased a Racor lift that is rated to handle up to 250 lbs. You can use a drill and the provided attachment to easily lift and lower the HardTop. I added pool noodles and straps that allows me to attach the HardTop to...

IMAG1758.jpg

IMAG1757.jpg

1dc698b1.jpg

:beer:

Top Bottom