Ball Joints

kornchip

I need to get new ball joints and I am looking for advise. I plan to go through northridge for my purchase. Any comments on Synergy? Moog? Alloy? ect.

Also while I have everything taken apart is there anything else that I should do?

This is a daily driver, 33s, D30. I plan to go to 35s in the near future.

Thanks in advance for any comments :beer:

Utah_Jay

Well Synergy and Alloy are the same ball joints so I would go with the Alloy because they cost less. I don't know anyone running Moog ball joints, but I am running Moog TRE's and have no issues, I have always thought Moog makes decent products for the price. I ran 35's on my D30 for a couple of years without issue until I upgraded to a D44, and I ran them on stock ball joints.

I recently installed the Yukon Ball Joints in the Wife's Jeep. They are cheap but I didn't want to put a bunch on money into it with an axle swap in the near future. I don't know enough to comment on longevity yet but so far so good.

More here -> http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24695-Yukon-JK-Ball-Joints

I know lots of guys that have gotten less then 30k miles out of their Alloy/Synergy Joints. In some cases, as little as 16k miles. IMHO if that is all I'm going to get out of them I would rather go with cheap ones... If you replace 2 sets of Alloy/Synergy Joints you are approaching the cost of the Dynatrac ones that are VERY good and I've never heard of a failure. (Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that I've not seen/heard of it.)

If when my BJs fail I plan to install the Dynatracs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, Synergy, Alloy and Crown HD are all the same ball joint. If you can't afford Dynatrac ProSteer's, I would recommend you just get the Crowns or Alloy as they tend to cost less.

Top Bottom