Heated cloth vs heated leather

bowtech50

I stopped at my local Jeep dealer for some warranty work, and noticed a bad ass anvil green JKU with Mopar beadlocks and 37`s. I checked it out and it had heated cloth seats. I would trade out my leather for those in a heartbeat, any opinions?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Never had heated leather before but, I do enjoy the warmth that heated cloth seats provide. :yup:

ECHOE

Heated seats either way are fantastic! They make driving topless much warmer. I am in northern MI and have been known to drive with the heater full blast with doors and roof off. Heated seats cut down on that need. That being said.. With the leather I have often seen the outside of the seat get worn down as you climb/slide in but that can also happen with cloth.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I have both, cloth on the dozer and leather on the white jeep. The cloth ones seem to get warmer and faster.

If you liked them that much go for it. Did you take any pictures?
The only reason I like leather is that it is much easier to clean up.

Wardell

Hmmm, they didn't offer heated cloth seats last year when I bought mine. Is that a new option this year, or an aftermarket kit that the dealer installed? (With all the other mods, I'm guessing it's an aftermarket addon to the factory cloth seats.)

As far as leather vs cloth goes, leather is more comfortable and easier to clean, but you do have to worry about it getting long term exposure to the elements more (particularly the sun). I guess the biggest negative about cloth seats is that they will absorb more moisture if you get them soaked, so they would stay wet longer.

I ended up getting the premium heated leather seats mainly because it was part of the package I bought, but I'd at least have gone with leather trimmed seats just so I could have them heated. It's too cold up here in the winter not to have the seat heaters. In fact, I wish the steering wheel was heated as well... unless you're wearing thick mitteny gloves, it's like driving with an ice cube in your hands until the air inside gets warmed by the heater.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Heated, cloth seats are absolutely available direct from the factory.

Last edited:

JKMag

I have both, cloth on the dozer and leather on the white jeep. The cloth ones seem to get warmer and faster.

My 2012 had cloth heated seats and the 2014 has leather, I would agree with the above statement. The cloth would get warmer faster and I thought it got hotter than the leather.

patr1ckm

Both will work fine so it is just a matter of personal preference. I have the heated cloth seats and I like comfort they provide during cold days.

TheGrendel

Jeep needs to have a cooling seat for those of us in the South especially here in Houston. Swamp ass is a much bigger problem than heated seats. :beer:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
My vote goes to heated cloth. Leather is nice, but I've burned the crap out of myself on them before, and they can be cold in the winter and get stiff, depending on the weather where you are from.

Top Bottom