Headliners for there 4door hard top

Dopey84

Anybody running these? And are they worth the price?? And which product are you running? Pictures, comments...etc.. Living in Idaho can get a bit hot so advice is very helpful thanks for your time

We live in Arizona.... so we had to do something. Black hard top in the summer sun wasn't nice, a constant heat layer above your head even with the A/C running. We did the research at the time, two years ago, and found that 'Insul-Liner' out of Florida was the best, and the pricier of them. For our extreme conditions I want the best and willing to pay for it if it worked. Our research at the time showed the others were more for sound than heat gain / lost and after talking to the owner / inventor, went with his product. Absolutely NO regrets, quality product and easy install and the product works, no more hot heat layer on your head and works with the sound too. After two years of use and both 120 F heat to standing snow on the top, no problems. :thumb:

Hohertz

Anybody running these? And are they worth the price?? And which product are you running? Pictures, comments...etc.. Living in Idaho can get a bit hot so advice is very helpful thanks for your time

Subscribed, would like to know some people's opinions on these as well. Thanks!

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
We live in Arizona.... so we had to do something. Black hard top in the summer sun wasn't nice, a constant heat layer above your head even with the A/C running. We did the research at the time, two years ago, and found that 'Insul-Liner' out of Florida was the best, and the pricier of them. For our extreme conditions I want the best and willing to pay for it if it worked. Our research at the time showed the others were more for sound than heat gain / lost and after talking to the owner / inventor, went with his product. Absolutely NO regrets, quality product and easy install and the product works, no more hot heat layer on your head and works with the sound too. After two years of use and both 120 F heat to standing snow on the top, no problems. :thumb:

Did you paint your top a more sunlight reflecting color too?

Just wondering because I'm on the verge of painting mine (leaving the sides black with about a 1 inch black boarder up top).

Did you paint your top a more sunlight reflecting color too?

Just wondering because I'm on the verge of painting mine (leaving the sides black with about a 1 inch black boarder up top).

Yes, did think of doing that same thing... But after getting the 'Insul-Liner' I didn't think about it again.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The set of hotheads liners that I ordered showed up last week. They look great, and I'll post up more once I get them installed. They are certainly high quality when compared side by side with the mopar headliners.

I've been running the hot heads liners for about a year now and love them. I can say that they kept the heat out and the cold away. I live in SoCal and work in North Dakota so it's seen some extremes. They are packaged well from his shop and well worth the money. Added bonus is the sound dampening it provides. Your music will sound better too. I have the full 4 door kit with the side hard top window surrounds.

Hohertz

The set of hotheads liners that I ordered showed up last week. They look great, and I'll post up more once I get them installed. They are certainly high quality when compared side by side with the mopar headliners.

Did you get the hotheads liners installed yet? If so, thoughts so far? Did you get the full kit with the side window surrounds or just the tops? Thanks!

Hohertz

Did you get the hotheads liners installed yet? If so, thoughts so far? Did you get the full kit with the side window surrounds or just the tops? Thanks!

Just a bump here to see if you have installed the Hothead Headliner yet?

Also they are offering a 15% Fourth of July discount right now on their website. I might go the route of the EZ-Liners to save a little money. Since I have a Spiderweb Shade installed year round all you can see when sitting inside is the Spiderweb Shade, therefore I really don't care about the appearance as much as I do the temperature insulation.

I emailed Mark with Hothead to see if he can provide any insight to the difference in temperature insulation between the EZ-liner and the Headliners. I'll let yall know what I hear back from him.

TAMBO

Just a bump here to see if you have installed the Hothead Headliner yet?

Also they are offering a 15% Fourth of July discount right now on their website. I might go the route of the EZ-Liners to save a little money. Since I have a Spiderweb Shade installed year round all you can see when sitting inside is the Spiderweb Shade, therefore I really don't care about the appearance as much as I do the temperature insulation.

I emailed Mark with Hothead to see if he can provide any insight to the difference in temperature insulation between the EZ-liner and the Headliners. I'll let yall know what I hear back from him.

I actually installed the Hothead Headliners this past weekend. This is the second Jeep I've had them on and I can tell a huge difference. I also opted for the hushmat and am happy with the purchase so far. I don't have any pictures right now but they look great and are probably the easiest mod you'll ever do to a Jeep.

BigPrince

I actually installed the Hothead Headliners this past weekend. This is the second Jeep I've had them on and I can tell a huge difference. I also opted for the hushmat and am happy with the purchase so far. I don't have any pictures right now but they look great and are probably the easiest mod you'll ever do to a Jeep.

x2. I did the same last summer and man it makes a HUGE difference. No more oven above my head with the hard top on.

Hohertz

x2. I did the same last summer and man it makes a HUGE difference. No more oven above my head with the hard top on.

Awesome. Just FYI. I spoke with Mark with Hothead Headliners yesterday about the EZ Liner vs. the premium Headliners. He said as far as temperature insulation, the EZ liners should do just as good of a job as the premium Headliners. However he expects that the EZ Liners don't have as good of sound deadening characteristics as do the premium Headliners. The EZ-Liner has 1/2" of the foam and the Headliners are 1/8" panel board, 1/4" foam then the 3/16" of fabric. Also to note, the foam used between the two different versions is the same type of foam.

Since I run a Spiderweb Shade year round inside my Jeep and you can't really see the roof of the hardtop anyways with it on, I'm not really concerned with the appearance or a fabric finish that the premium Headliners come with. I will most like opt for the EZ-Liners and save a little money.

Hope this helps someone.

Top Bottom