Benito

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433729113.457774.jpg

Stating point:
2013 JKUR in commando green
"Mods" installed:
Best top trektop NX
Rugged Ridge hood latches

So it's just about time to finally start a build thread!

First thing on my list is some wheels, which i plan on ordering this week,
Atx Slabs from Northridge!

Then I plan ordering some rubber to wrap those wheels in. I'm trying to decide between Toyo open country mt's or Nitto trail grapplers the price difference between them is negligible but I want either tire in a 37' but I haven't decided on the width... 13.5' Toyo or 12.5 Nitto?

Once I get my wheels and tires I plan on ordering 5.13 gears, and some c gussets ... I know I will need a programmer to fix my speedo, but will I need it to fix anything else since I have a manual transmission?

....then comes the hard part and there is a reason for it, lift!
I am certain that I will end up on coilovers, however in the mean time, before I get my gears and wheels and tires installed I really want to trim as much as I can and run no lift until I can get my coilovers! Is it even possible to run 37's with a lot of trimming and no lift? This is where I would like some input from other members, if it is possible, would I only have to worry about up travel limit? And if it's not possible can I get 37's on there with a budget boost? Maybe 2', just to hold me over till I get my actual lift kit?

Overall build and end goal...still not set in stone but

Suspension:
Evo Double D pro kit, from wha I can see on Northridge and from the thread here about the kit it seems like this is complete and all that is needed is the drive shafts? JE Reel for drive shafts

Armor:
Evo rock skins
Evo rock sliders

Tire carrier:
Stock with extended isolators for a while, but I am really liking the Crawler Concepts body mounted tire carrier

Bumpers:
Trim the stock bumper to clear the 37's
Then move up to a stubby, like the 1/4 pounder with or poison spyder BFH with trail stinger

I plan on leaving the rear plastic bumper, I'm not a fan of the no rear bumper look or any of the options out there. But if I have to lose the rear bumper to clear the tires, maybe go with Evo rear fascia and rear shackle tabs.

Winch: Warn Zeon 10s

I plan on getting a sports cage but I can't decide on which one to go with.

I would like to add but not absolutely necessary:
PSC hydro assist
Poison spyder steel fenders on all four corners.

So that's where I'm at, let's hope it goes my way!

Edit with current build specs:

Wheels and Tires
37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
ATX Slabs

Axles
Dynatrac PR44 w/Prosteer Ball Joints, Reid Knuckles, Ten Factory Axle shafts, Revolution 4.88 Gears, Stock Rubicon Locker
Stock D44 Rear w/Evo Truss, Welded Evo Tracbar Bracket, Ten Factory Axle shafts, Revolution 4.88 Gears, Stock Rubicon Locker, Dynatrac Diff Cover

Steering
PSC Motorsports Hydro Assist Steering Kit
Steer Smarts Tierod

Drive Shafts
J.E. Reel 1350 Front
J.E. Reel 1350 Rear

Suspension
Evo 3" Enforcer w/Fox Performance 2.0 IPF shocks
Evo Rockstar Skids
Synergy Front Adjustable Upper Control Arms
Synergy 3.5" Front Bumpstops (Custom Cut)
Synergy .5" Front Spring Spacer
Synergy 3" Rear Bumpstops

Bumpers/Armor/Rcovery
Evo 1/4 Pounder w/Stinger
Warn Zeon 10S
Evo Rear D-Ring Mounts and Fascia
Crawler Concepts Body Mounted Rear Tire Carrier
Evo Rock Sliders and Skins
Evo Protek Skid System
Crawler Concepts Steel Fenders and Front Inner Fenders

Performance?
Dynomax Quiet Crawler configured to dump before rear axle

Accessories
Trucklite Headlights
SwitchPros Accessory Controller
Rugged Ridge Hood Latches
Bestop Trektop NX
Superchips Flashpaq

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
looking good. i really like the color choice you have!
sounds like you have a good start on what you want to do. looking forward to following the progress.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Tires, procal, c gussets, and bumper end caps are ordered... Trying to find some stock fenders to cut so that I can stuff these meats under her, I want to save my painted ones.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Got 3/5 mounted this afternoon with the help of a friend. Damn these nittos are huge! Mad props to discount tire direct, ordered the tires Friday night after business hours, got a shipping notification Saturday, and the tires arived today!

Ran into a hiccup, started threading in a bolt a little crooked and loosened a thread insert, stripped the outside of the insert with pliers trying to pull the bolt out, so I think I should order a pack of them for spares

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434420842.429426.jpg

Just waiting for my stuff from northridge which should arrive on Thursday!

And I think I have found a deal for some used fenders that I can cut up and save my body matched ones.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Here are the inserts you need, looking great!

Attachments

• 1434421484412.jpg
    1434421484412.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,016

Benito

Caught the Bug
looking good. i really like the color choice you have!
sounds like you have a good start on what you want to do. looking forward to following the progress.

Thank you sir, I love commando green, I think it's heading my way so far

Can't wait to see this build! Subbed

Thank you

Here are the inserts you need, looking great!

Thanks, I was about to start searching for them!

Benito

Caught the Bug
Got quite a bit done today. I'll post pics tomorrow! Got the wheels and tires on the jeep, did some mods to the body the fit the 37's. Picked up a set of painted black factory fenders, for free,99. Cut them and painted them flat black. Talk about LCG!,,,, with hardly any up travel :| .... But it sure does look nice,

olram30

Did you add bump stops? I'm unfamiliar with the new names of their kits, but is this the one with the coil overs and just front lower control arms? If so, you can piece this together. When the time comes you can sell your springs and shocks and replace with the coil over shocks. You can but pretty much everything separate.
Anyways, looking like a good build list

Benito

Caught the Bug
Did you add bump stops? I'm unfamiliar with the new names of their kits, but is this the one with the coil overs and just front lower control arms? If so, you can piece this together. When the time comes you can sell your springs and shocks and replace with the coil over shocks. You can but pretty much everything separate.
Anyways, looking like a good build list

No bump stops added yet, by the look of things, think I might not rub anywhere when stuffed with the stock stuff but I still need to flex it out to make sure.

The jeep is still on the stock suspension with 37's, burned on Evo C gussets today with my dad. Btw happy Father's Day to all the fathers.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434916582.287948.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434916668.538109.jpg

That's my dad welding on the gusset!

Edit: better pictures to come

JeepJeep75

Hi Benito. Those Slabs look great with the low LCG look. Are you using spacers behind the Slabs? Or do the Slabs come with enough off-set? And really? No rubbing? The LCG look is great!!!!👍👍👍

Benito

Caught the Bug
Hi Benito. Those Slabs look great with the low LCG look. Are you using spacers behind the Slabs? Or do the Slabs come with enough off-set? And really? No rubbing? The LCG look is great!!!!👍👍👍

Slabs by themselves, I had rubbing at full steer lock, but I adjusted the steer stops... There is a write up on here to do it. But like I said I haven't checked for rubbing with it flexed

Benito

Caught the Bug
Some more pictures
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435098664.679815.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435101323.082305.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435101356.663380.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435101393.799537.jpg

Front pinch seem cut
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435101464.500618.jpg

Rear pinch seem cut
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435101486.583659.jpg

Rear bumper cut and some of the pinch seem removed from there too.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435101503.850124.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435101517.596617.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435101517.596617.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 672

olram30

No bump stops added yet, by the look of things, think I might not rub anywhere when stuffed with the stock stuff but I still need to flex it out to make sure.

Edit: better pictures to come

Oh, ok. Well post up some pictures. What lift are you going with?

Benito

Caught the Bug
Oh, ok. Well post up some pictures. What lift are you going with?

I finally got off of the pavement today and got to flex a little bit; unfortunately I forgot to take pictures, however I did get to see where I rub and where I don't. The front end seems clear of rubbing at full stuff, contact made with bump-stops; the rear on the other hand rubs all along the top pinch seem of the wheel-well almost at the exact time that my rear bump-stop makes contact with the axle pad.

As far as the lift, i know I what a coil-over suspension, definitely going EVO- the original coil-over suspensions for JK's. I'm not sure if I want to just go with the double D pro, the long arm with the bolt on coil-overs, or go with the DTD/Evo-Lever with the single coil-over shock and add the bypass shock later, with the high clearance brackets and long arms. Only time will tell.

But I definitely need longer rear bump stops immediately and I think I'm going to order the CC body mounted tire carrier in the near future, the spare takes up all of my trunk space. But it looks pretty cool in there.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435284793.228929.jpg

Top Bottom