Brake/knuckle issue

07rub

hey guys

i have a little bit of an issues and looking for help/advice on the mater,

so the holes where the caliper bracket bolts goes true the knuckle are f**ked and my caliper clunks every time i it a bump, called the local dealer and they say its common but no fix from Chrysler corp

does any one know of a company that sells sleeves kit or anything on the sort, i know i could send the knuckles to the machine shop and all but trying to see if i can save myself the trouble of grounding the jeep for a few days

and don't really have the money to buy knew knuckles

thanks

ScoobyCarolanNC

hey guys

so the holes where the caliper bracket bolts goes true the knuckle are f**ked and my caliper clunks every time i it a bump, called the local dealer and they say its common but no fix from Chrysler corp

does any one know of a company that sells sleeves kit or anything on the sort, i know i could send the knuckles to the machine shop and all but trying to see if i can save myself the trouble of grounding the jeep for a few days

thanks

I've had a clunk KILLING ME. Subscribed. I gotta check this out.

07rub

so looks like this is an issues with no fix so i will do some homework and try to find a fix

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hey guys

thanks

You got any pics or video to help illustrate what you're talking about? I've owned 4 JK's over the last 8 years, still have two including one that I bought in 2007 and with well over 150,000 miles on it and have no idea what you're talking about. There should be NO movement in your calipers and nothing about it sounds normal to me.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Are you sure your unit bearing isn't toast? When mine was shot the unit bearing allowed the rotor and caliper to move. The more you drive it and worse it gets the more movement you will see. Also how was the bolt hole able to get wallowed out? There should be any movement in the bolt.

07rub

So... i figured out that the issues was, i feel a bit stupid but i did learn something at the same time, u cant trust a torque wrench..... a rust ridge formed in the caliper bracket so even tho my wrench said it was " tight" it wasn't really tight enough, so the fix was easy enough, i just cleaned the treads in the bracket and the bolts and all is good now

Spudcannons

So... i figured out that the issues was, i feel a bit stupid but i did learn something at the same time, u cant trust a torque wrench..... a rust ridge formed in the caliper bracket so even tho my wrench said it was " tight" it wasn't really tight enough, so the fix was easy enough, i just cleaned the treads in the bracket and the bolts and all is good now

This is very good know^ Thanks

Top Bottom