METAL CLOAK JK 2.5” Dual-Rate Lift Kit ARB Edition - UPPER CONTROL ARM HELP

JEEP671GUAM

I am prepping to install my 2.5" lift on my 2014 JKU, It seems cut and dry but I am looking
for the correct Measurements/Length for my UPPER CONTROL ARMS. Metal Cloak says go
ahead and use the same length as for the 3.5" lift... is that right?

First Timer here...please speak slow...

:cool:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am prepping to install my 2.5" lift on my 2014 JKU, It seems cut and dry but I am looking
for the correct Measurements/Length for my UPPER CONTROL ARMS. Metal Cloak says go

use there measurements as a starting point then adjust from there to get your caster right. for the rear use there measurements again as a starting point and adjust from there till your pinion is in line with your transfercase.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Starting with the factory length to get started is correct. After all is said and done, you can make additional adjustments to the upper arms to make caster adjustments up front as needed. Ultimately, you want 4° of caster. If you are referring to rear upper arms, you will need to set them to whatever will get your pinion angle in line with your drive shaft. There is no set measurement for this.

EDIT - looks like cozdude beat me :D

JEEP671GUAM

Thanks !!

Thanks for the quick response and expert advice will definately take your lead...

Thanks - COZDUDE AND WAYALIFE !!!

Top Bottom