ABS and Traction lights

noroad

So i have had both lights on for a little bit here, bounced the idea off another member but wanted to put out what we think/ see if anyone else has this problem. Step one we checked for codes i have zero as i though it was a sensor. i just replaced all ball joints and end links, so thats out the question. what we have left is the wheel its self, now here is my problem it is almost dead on, BUT i put a little bit of a passenger tilt to counter the nitto driver pull. I have spoke to a couple people that say the drivers wheel doesnt like this and will know take the lights off unless it is dead on or a little to the drivers side, Has anyone else played with this?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So i have had both lights on for a little bit here, bounced the idea off another member but wanted to put out what we think/ see if anyone else has this problem. Step one we checked for codes i have zero as i though it was a sensor. i just replaced all ball joints and end links, so thats out the question. what we have left is the wheel its self, now here is my problem it is almost dead on, BUT i put a little bit of a passenger tilt to counter the nitto driver pull. I have spoke to a couple people that say the drivers wheel doesnt like this and will know take the lights off unless it is dead on or a little to the drivers side, Has anyone else played with this?

Putting your steering wheel off center won't do anything to stop the Nitto pull. That is your problem I am guessing.

noroad

Putting your steering wheel off center won't do anything to stop the Nitto pull. That is your problem I am guessing.

its like super small off, and not really take care of it but leave the wheel in a more friendly place well driving.( where it is now is perfect for me)

Last edited:
In all honestly, Lil-Punkin' (wife's 2-door) is far more sensitive to steering wheel position than Dirty (4-door). I discovered by accident that if the 2-door is set up with the wheel slightly to the driver the Jeep seems happier (while my OCD is not)!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Doesn't using a procal or similar programmer tell the computer or sensor in the wheel that it's centered?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The procal has a feature to tell you when the wheel is straight (technically when the clock spring reads 0 deg) then once there you need to set the front tires to be straight. This is mainly if you have an alignment shop. Easier to just play with it when you drive then try using that.

How are you reading codes to see you don't have a sensor issue? If you are using the cluster they often don't show up there. Not all codes do. Many codes you have to have a true scanner. Most of the auto parts stores will scan for free for you. Their scanners will pick up more than the cluster but even theirs won't read all. The only thing that reads all of them is the starscan tool at the dealership.

noroad

The procal has a feature to tell you when the wheel is straight (technically when the clock spring reads 0 deg) then once there you need to set the front tires to be straight. This is mainly if you have an alignment shop. Easier to just play with it when you drive then try using that.

How are you reading codes to see you don't have a sensor issue? If you are using the cluster they often don't show up there. Not all codes do. Many codes you have to have a true scanner. Most of the auto parts stores will scan for free for you. Their scanners will pick up more than the cluster but even theirs won't read all. The only thing that reads all of them is the starscan tool at the dealership.

i have a full on scanner that said i was all clear.

Black Beaver

I had this problem on my 2014 sport. And it turned out that the battery terminals came loose and were bouncing around making the lights come on. I sounded weird to me, but it was under warranty and that's what the dealership told me it was.

noroad

I had this problem on my 2014 sport. And it turned out that the battery terminals came loose and were bouncing around making the lights come on. I sounded weird to me, but it was under warranty and that's what the dealership told me it was.

I also checked them.

upnover

I would recheck your sensors. Make sure the lines have not rubbed anywhere and even though you may have not broke a sensor putting them back in, you never know. That happened to me, drove me crazy until i pulled them out to check.

SaddleTramp

Drew, are your dash lights on constantly or do they just flash off and on with different turns, road surfaces, etc. intermittently?

Spudcannons

They are always on. They flashed for a day now just on all the time.

This happened to me, it was the drag link and Synergy adapter failing. Have you looked over all the steering linkage? Also try the AEV procal steering wheel center feature if you have a procal.

noroad

This happened to me, it was the drag link and Synergy adapter failing. Have you looked over all the steering linkage? Also try the AEV procal steering wheel center feature if you have a procal.

Its all still new and i still have a super chip

JohnnyD

Here we go, I just got same symptoms today. Happens on hard left right turns at speed, and mostly when taking a pothole/bump at speed....I got the codes...all signs point to abs sensor at this point...

But this may have something to do with it..lol

Hard to tell in photo but the steering wheel is about 20 degrees left of where it was when I started wheelin....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434033846.067131.jpg

Think jumped a couple threads on this trip...I re-centered, checked everything...and now I'm dealing with the dash lights

Top Bottom