GenRight FUSION series front bumper

BlackRubiJKU

After selling my PS BFH bumpers (not installed) and an EVO quarter pounder with stinger (that weighed 145 lb) I now have the GenRight FUSION front bumper, and love it.

Costs $399 powder coated
Weighs 72 pounds
Can be installed WITHOUT cutting the crash bar, OR relocating the vacuum pump
Includes all hardware
Retains factory driving lights

20150611_114450.jpg
20150611_114428.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks just like the old PUREJEEP bumper that came out 7 years ago. Not really a fan but the only person that needs to be happy with it is you. :yup:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Looks like it would make your winch sit pretty high blocking airflow. Are you going to install a winch?

BlackRubiJKU

Looks just like the old PUREJEEP bumper that came out 7 years ago. Not really a fan but the only person that needs to be happy with it is you. :yup:

No idea. I am new to the Jeep experience. This is my first Jeep, and I've only had it a little over a year. As I mentioned, I tried (bought) several others before this one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No idea. I am new to the Jeep experience. This is my first Jeep, and I've only had it a little over a year. As I mentioned, I tried (bought) several others before this one.

Yeah, I got that and like I said, the only one who needs to be happy with what you bought is you.

No winch. I think that's pretty much been proven to not be an issue.

Being that you're new to the Jeep world, exactly what proof are you basing this off of?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Oh I wasn't aware of that. My buddy had overheating issues because his winch sat high blocking his grill.

Where can I read up on that?

Poweplant would probably be even with the hood. I guess a smaller winch might work.
Or we talking winch isn't needed?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
im thinking as well, what has been proven? That a winch will not block airflow? Or that you dont need one?

For the record I was suggesting some winches might block airflow with that bumper. I would like to see some documentation that high mounted winches don't hinder engine cooling.

For the record I was suggesting some winches might block airflow with that bumper. I would like to see some documentation that high mounted winches don't hinder engine cooling.
Yea thats exactly how i took your post. Ive not seen any facts, but i see where it would be plausible. Seems no different than having smaller grill openings which would equal less airflow to the fins. I really just dont understand what was meant by the "no winch" post.

BlackRubiJKU

Yeah, I got that and like I said, the only one who needs to be happy with what you bought is you.

Being that you're new to the Jeep world, exactly what proof are you basing this off of?

Having TWO engineering degrees, and 15 years experience working in the Automotive Industry as a Quality Engineer. I KNOW that air flow through the radiator is provided by a fan below 25 mph. I have not performed any wind tunnel testing, but I am certain a winch (which I do not intend to ever own) would provide some turbulence, but would not block flow to impede cooling.

No matter what, I spend my money on what I want, and you can spend yours on what you want. Just because I don't have the same bumper that you have, doesn't mean I'm not as smart as you.

BlackRubiJKU

I would like to see documentation that says it does block airflow. Below 25 mph, airflow is provided by a cooling fan.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Having TWO engineering degrees, and 15 years experience working in the Automotive Industry as a Quality Engineer. I KNOW that air flow through the radiator is provided by a fan below 25 mph. I have not performed any wind tunnel testing, but I am certain a winch (which I do not intend to ever own) would provide some turbulence, but would not block flow to impede cooling.

No matter what, I spend my money on what I want, and you can spend yours on what you want. Just because I don't have the same bumper that you have, doesn't mean I'm not as smart as you.

1434133189670.jpg

Top Bottom