Thinking of moving out of Cali.

bigbootysuperduty

Looking at making a move. I'm in Riverside, moving to Reno area. My career allows me to live anywhere on the mainland USA. I like Reno. Got family there. Looks like I would save a ton of money on cost of living. Anyone here make the move? How did you make out? Improvement? Disappointment? I'm not looking for advice, just looking to see how your change worked out.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Looking at making a move. I'm in Riverside, moving to Reno area. My career allows me to live anywhere on the mainland USA. I like Reno. Got family there. Looks like I would save a ton of money on cost of living. Anyone here make the move? How did you make out? Improvement? Disappointment? I'm not looking for advice, just looking to see how your change worked out.

We have a couple members that just moved from LA area to Reno.

The fuckers don't stop bragging about it! Most of them are on a jeep run this weekend. I'm sure they'll comment later.

RHuckster

I lived all my life in calif., 60 years & then retired. Moved out to Mesa Az.(2 years now), bought a new Jeep & living happily ever after but jeez its HOT out here!!

Rick

Skid_Kid

I lived in SoCal for the last 15 years. Moved to Oregon last October and love it! Cost of living is cheaper, I can get around without traffic, kids love being able to play outside all the time without it being 10000 degrees, even found a place I can pump my own gas! Only thing I really miss is friends (aka the Brothers) of course.

But I will say I didn't have any costs to move since the military moved us due to retiring. So I cannot speak on that at all.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I lived in SoCal for the last 15 years. Moved to Oregon last October and love it! Cost of living is cheaper, I can get around without traffic, kids love being able to play outside all the time without it being 10000 degrees, even found a place I can pump my own gas! Only thing I really miss is friends of course.

But I will say I didn't have any costs to move since the military moved us due to retiring. So I cannot speak on that at all.

Thanks. Means a lot.

TJ4fun

Ahhh So cal, great weather....and did I mention fantastic weather? Blue sky's...and sun. will retire elsewhere.

big dr

7 years and counting till I can move out of Cali. Before deciding on where to settle down, I plan on doing a lot of driving, camping, and exploring all over the country to decide where the best mixture of open land, weather, outdoor activities, proximity to other places, and small town feel will take me. Big decision for sure, but if you research it properly, I'm sure you will find your happy place.:thumb:

bigbootysuperduty

I travel for a living. I'm usually on site from a couple of weeks to a few months. I've been upto the Reno area a few times, and I enjoy it there. The cooler weather is nice. 110deg+ during the summer months is starting to get to me. I don't mind some cold weather. That's what i usually work in. Spent 10 months in Minnesota one year, and the winter was bad. Also spent a summer in the Arctic circle. It was a mild cold, but bearable. Got down to the teens.

How did the cost of living improve for you guys?

I'm thinking of getting a large property with a big garage. My RV is getting beat up by the sun. Time to pamper it with a home. Plus a lift would be nice. I think I would feel better spending money I save in CA taxes, vice not knowing where it goes. Plus the gun laws here are ridiculous. I am a law abiding citizen, but when they(laws) start inconveniencing me, it's time to go. For example, I lived in a city where a new law took effect. We had to buy parking passes to park on our own street. I didn't stay there long. Where I live now, we started getting all kinds of new laws and regulations passed. I can only assume from all the city folks moving out this way. We had to drive hours just to ride our quads. Sold the quads, and Sandrail. But I feel it's time to leave this bs to the people that brought it with them. The schools, and cost of living out that way are much better for me and the family.

bigbootysuperduty

Ahhh So cal, great weather....and did I mention fantastic weather? Blue sky's...and sun. will retire elsewhere.

Yeah, costal citys have great weather. We lived in Mira Mesa and would watch the Sea World fireworks from our porch every eavning. We didn't have AC in our home because we didn't need it. Where I live now, I have the AC on 24/7 during the warm months.

TXlineguy

Well y'all I'm moving out to California from Texas....you want wide-open spaces and a small town feel move out this way, also enjoy mosquitoes the size of birds and humidity that will have you pouring sweat by the time you get out of your garage. As for me I will enjoy California living on the beach so what you have to pay a little bit more in taxes it's just money

bigbootysuperduty

Well y'all I'm moving out to California from Texas....you want wide-open spaces and a small town feel move out this way, also enjoy mosquitoes the size of birds and humidity that will have you pouring sweat by the time you get out of your garage. As for me I will enjoy California living on the beach so what you have to pay a little bit more in taxes it's just money

You can keep Texas. It's to humid for me. I've been to Fort Worth, and San Antonio. Family in El Paso. It's not for me. Wataburger is good.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug

Yep and I love it when they try to take your guns, rights and my vote pretty much means nothing here. You can have this liberal paradise.

Top Bottom