Bestop supertop nx twill worth the money?

bkac

Caught the Bug
Ordering a top on Monday, my question is if the twill top is worth the extra $500? Or just stick with the Black Diamond. I'll be using the hardtop during the winter month!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I bought the black diamond and very happy. I went to the dealership and looked and felt the twill. Reminded me of pantyhose. I think that material belongs on a luxury vehicle. IMHO. Oh, and answer to your question...no.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Is it worth the extra $$.....well to me it was.....I bought the twill top because it's a much darker black versus the regular top (almost like a faded black) and the material is thicker......the windows are tinted and 40mm thick.....the inside is the same color as the outside (not white)........the only thing I would suggest is to by the Mopar bar and clips as the Bestop one is subpar......

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Is it worth the extra $$.....well to me it was.....I bought the twill top because it's a much darker black versus the regular top (almost like a faded black) and the material is thicker......the windows are tinted and 40mm thick.....the inside is the same color as the outside (not white)........the only thing I would suggest is to by the Mopar bar and clips as the Bestop one is subpar......

~Woodrow~

View attachment 148570

Now that really nice on your rig! Maybe it depends on rig. I did not realize color was same throughout. I have a new header bar cover under warranty coming and probably pick up a Mopar tailgate bar and clips.

BlueBox

I can't tell you how much I hemmed and hawed about this same decision. I couldn't find anybody that was disappointed with their twill, but in the end I couldn't justify nearly double the cost.

Then in my first run through the forest I realized I made the right decision. I know sooner or later I'm going to put a tree branch through my black diamond and I'll be glad I saved that money.

For me, putting that money towards reaching the top when it gets worn was a better play

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ordering a top on Monday, my question is if the twill top is worth the extra $500? Or just stick with the Black Diamond. I'll be using the hardtop during the winter month!

If you ever decide you want any kind of half doors the soft uppers will not match the twill. That to me is the deal breaker even though it is purely from a "looks" stand point.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Not the greatest picture but this is what the underside of the top looks like.........I was testing out a way to store my sides and rear under my top by setting them on top of my Spiderwebshade......it worked out well :thumb:

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I was testing out a way to store my sides and rear under my top by setting them on top of my Spiderwebshade......it worked out well :thumb:

I am going to use that idea. Thanks. :thumbup:

Now I just need a soft top and webshade. :crazyeyes:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Not the greatest picture but this is what the underside of the top looks like.........I was testing out a way to store my sides and rear under my top by setting them on top of my Spiderwebshade......it worked out well :thumb:

~Woodrow~

View attachment 148583

Man, thanks for sharing! I have the shade. Perfect idea! :thumbup::thumbup:

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I have the twill trektop NX and would definitely recommend it. It's quieter than my friends rigs and the material is substantially thicker.

JAGS

Hooked
If you have the money, yes it is worth it. Super quite (more than standard material). Better material quality. Thicker windows. Clean easily. A truer black look. If any or all of those matter to you, you won't be disappointed.

Slappy32

I bought the twill top and do not regret it. When I picked my JK up at the dealer, I had a four hour ride home. The wind noise was so bad that I could barely hear the factory radio, even turned all the way up. Once I put on the twill top, I can have hands free phone conversations with the aftermarket head units microphone without any trouble at all. My only beef is that I have half doors and the window insert material does not match the rest of the top.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've had both. I just put the twill top on, and it's worth the extra money. It's quieter, and it looks better.

JKMag

I had asked myself the same question when I was looking for a soft top, I went with the twill because of the darker fabric and the reviews that it was quieter. I also like the idea that it was suppose to have a better warranty (for some reason) and I am now considering leaving it on this next winter to see if it holds up.

Black Twill Supertop NX
• Lifetime Limited Warranty – the only soft top you can buy with a warranty this strong.
• New 30-oz. triple-layer Black Twill fabric has superior durability to other fabric used in Jeep soft tops.
• Black Twill fabric as found on high-end sports and luxury cars like Camaro, BMW and Rolls Royce.
• Features a smooth, wrinkle-resistant appearance, and contains no PVC’s.
• More flexible with a softer feel and superior cold-weather performance than sailcloth fabric.
• Industry-leading 40-mil, D.O.T. approved vinyl side and rear windows have 31% tint to help keep interior cooler in warm weather.
• Removable and replaceable windows feature top of the line YKK scoop count zippers for easy removal or installation with extended surface heat-sealing for strength and protection from climate extremes.
• 135 gauge polyester industrial thread use throughout with finished seams for lifelong durability.
• Premium hardware is black powder-coated for corrosion and scratch resistance.
• Features factory-style door surrounds and windshield header assembly, Bestop-exclusive Top Arch Bar, Quick-release Bow Knuckles and adjustable tensioning, just like Supertop NX.
• Bestop-exclusive Flip-back Sunrider sunroof panel for an open air ride is standard on Supertop NX.

http://www.bestop.com/component/products/?view=product&id=138

Top Bottom