Currie Front End Housing Johnny Joints

Does anyone have experience with these? A friend of mine bought me the Evo Magnum 44 Sleeves as well as the Evo Front Axle Truss as a gift. I was thinking of doing these at the same time.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/currie-jk-wrangler-front-end-housing-johnny-joint-kit

No experience with these, BUT, I would hold off on the sleeves and Truss. I did the sleeves when I put on my CO's. Every time I am out, I dread the break that WILL come my way because of the 16 1/2" holes I had to drill into the tubes for the sleeves. I am confident with the welds, but for what the sleeves "actually do" ( not a 100% fix), it is not worth it. They also limit the shafts that you can run. The proverbial smile you will most likely get by welding all of that PLUS the truss....I would just save up for the PR44 or larger. These are only my hindsight insights for what they are worth but I pass this along every chance I can as to the mistakes I made.....Good luck!!

utiadam

LOSER
No experience with these, BUT, I would hold off on the sleeves and Truss. I did the sleeves when I put on my CO's. Every time I am out, I dread the break that WILL come my way because of the 16 1/2" holes I had to drill into the tubes for the sleeves. I am confident with the welds, but for what the sleeves "actually do" ( not a 100% fix), it is not worth it. They also limit the shafts that you can run. The proverbial smile you will most likely get by welding all of that PLUS the truss....I would just save up for the PR44 or larger. These are only my hindsight insights for what they are worth but I pass this along every chance I can as to the mistakes I made.....Good luck!!

I appreciate the advice. I know that I wont be able to run 35 spline shafts which are required for the ARB lockers but I have no intention of switching. Im also aware that its not a guaranteed break/bend prevention but since it was a gift and is already on the way I dont really see a down side. A friend of mine has done all my welding from my Evo Sliders, C gussets, front lower control arm skids, and rear Evo truss. I will make sure he goes slow just like when he did the gussets with the ball joints already installed. I will eventually switch to a PR44 but I dont see it being anytime soon. A friend of mine was able to sell his front axle for more money when he got his PR44 because it already had the Artec truss and Synergy sleeves.

utiadam

LOSER
Sounds like you are on your way!! Best of luck!!! The jeep is looking awesome!!!!

I really do appreciate your opinion and all the help you have given me in the past with the coilovers. I dont want it to seem like Im not listening to you. I just dont know much about the Currie front end bushing kit. I noticed my stock bushings being a little tweaked on the lift when I was installing my 1350 front Adams Driveshaft last week which made me look into the Currie kit.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I can't say I've ever heard of anyone doing the currie kit but I guess if your factory bushings are shot then it could be a cool upgrade. I was recently showed what makes Johnny joints so good and now I want them on every part of my jeep I can. also $200 doesn't seem that expensive for what your getting.

I really do appreciate your opinion and all the help you have given me in the past with the coilovers. I dont want it to seem like Im not listening to you. I just dont know much about the Currie front end bushing kit. I noticed my stock bushings being a little tweaked on the lift when I was installing my 1350 front Adams Driveshaft last week which made me look into the Currie kit.
Sorry...I really did mean Best of Luck!!! I'm not one to critique your build. I just was passing on what I wish I would have done differently. I love that everyones is different a little. I made the mistake years ago of giving a guy a hard time about his "wheeler". It looked like it would fall apart if you breathed on it. It out wheeled me all day long......Never again!!!

I am due to change my bushing....ANd, I know its going to be a pain. If it helps not being such a pain, its the only reason I would do it... I look forward to wheeling with you one day!

utiadam

LOSER
I can't say I've ever heard of anyone doing the currie kit but I guess if your factory bushings are shot then it could be a cool upgrade. I was recently showed what makes Johnny joints so good and now I want them on every part of my jeep I can. also $200 doesn't seem that expensive for what your getting.

That's what I'm thinking. It would be the perfect time to get it installed as well.

Sorry...I really did mean Best of Luck!!! I'm not one to critique your build. I just was passing on what I wish I would have done differently. I love that everyones is different a little. I made the mistake years ago of giving a guy a hard time about his "wheeler". It looked like it would fall apart if you breathed on it. It out wheeled me all day long......Never again!!!

I am due to change my bushing....ANd, I know its going to be a pain. If it helps not being such a pain, its the only reason I would do it... I look forward to wheeling with you one day!

I look forward to wheeling with you one day as well. I'm hoping to have my rig ready for next years EJS.

rinkishjk

I have these, and they work great. The axle side one u just press in using the supplied tool. I used my air hammer to drive it in. The pass side is weld in. My bushings were shot, so I upgraded.

Spudcannons

I appreciate the advice. I know that I wont be able to run 35 spline shafts which are required for the ARB lockers but I have no intention of switching. Im also aware that its not a guaranteed break/bend prevention but since it was a gift and is already on the way I dont really see a down side. A friend of mine has done all my welding from my Evo Sliders, C gussets, front lower control arm skids, and rear Evo truss. I will make sure he goes slow just like when he did the gussets with the ball joints already installed. I will eventually switch to a PR44 but I dont see it being anytime soon. A friend of mine was able to sell his front axle for more money when he got his PR44 because it already had the Artec truss and Synergy sleeves.

he go over 5k for a rubi axle? that seem ridiculous considering they are 2200 new from the dealer, even if trussed and sleeved. Which I saw sell for 2k on a different forum.

utiadam

LOSER
I have these, and they work great. The axle side one u just press in using the supplied tool. I used my air hammer to drive it in. The pass side is weld in. My bushings were shot, so I upgraded.

That's great to hear. I'm thinking of placing the order today.

he go over 5k for a rubi axle? that seem ridiculous considering they are 2200 new from the dealer, even if trussed and sleeved. Which I saw sell for 2k on a different forum.

I want to say that he got 2500. Synergy ball joints, sleeves, gussets, truss, 13.10 pinion yoke, factory locker, and 5.38 gears.

Spudcannons

What? He never said he sold it for more then a PR44.

"A friend of mine was able to sell his front axle for more money when he got his PR44 because it already had the Artec truss and Synergy sleeves." :hmm:

Spudcannons

That's great to hear. I'm thinking of placing the order today.

I want to say that he got 2500. Synergy ball joints, sleeves, gussets, truss, 13.10 pinion yoke, factory locker, and 5.38 gears.

makes more sense seemed like you meant whole PR44 axle not the housing :D

Top Bottom