All things Colorado

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I would like to dedicate this thread to all things Colorado. This might be a place we might take up residency. We have visited this state several times and love it. There are a lot of members living in all parts of this state. I would love some feedback from everyone not just residents, but ones that have visited as well. We are interested in Colorado Springs and Pueblo area, but want to hear all about other parts of this beautiful state. I have read negative things on East Pueblo. I have been online and read and I like to hear real world stories. The good and bad of cities or towns, your favorite towns and cities, places to see, hike, fish, eat, etc. Pictures welcome as well.

Thanks in advance!:thumb:

devonn216

Here are a few pictures from my last trip out there. Ouray and surrounding trails, and Pikes peak. I have some more somewhere.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434376573.121040.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434376595.934175.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434376615.606523.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434376628.586826.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434376644.693445.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434376661.171525.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434376681.912514.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Beautiful!! We have been to Colorado and Manitou springs, Cripple Creek, Estes, Woodland, Gorge, Garden of the Gods, and Paint Mines to name a few. Love to see more of your pics.

justin04lj

Born and raised in Colorado Springs here. It's getting crowded but not nearly as bad as denver. Don't think I could ever live there. Pueblo is nice but you might be driving to c springs for work. I'm looking at property in penrose a small farming community close to pueblo and Colorado Springs and canon city. And easy to get to the mountains from there.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Born and raised in Colorado Springs here. It's getting crowded but not nearly as bad as denver. Don't think I could ever live there. Pueblo is nice but you might be driving to c springs for work. I'm looking at property in penrose a small farming community close to pueblo and Colorado Springs and canon city. And easy to get to the mountains from there.

I have been looking in Canon City as well. The cost of living, property is very appealing. I see a lot of 40-50 acres properties very reasonably priced. I wonder about wells. I know it depends on depth. Pueblo seems fairly big ESPECIALLY where I am at now. Although, CS is not that far of a commute.

devonn216

Here are some more. The first three are near Ouray. The next two are near Leadville. The last three are skiing Vail.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434383539.259736.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434383551.858933.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434383560.300040.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434383567.765928.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434383576.385277.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434383591.922625.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434383599.673488.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434383608.480368.jpg

BlackHat

Pueblo is small in comparison to most big cities. The properties are affordable, but the work is just not there (small town). You will travel to work depending on what you do. I lived in Pueblo till I was a freshman in high school. Lots of local fishing around pueblo, especially at Pueblo Reservoir. I don't know much about the springs area. Up north near Denver is Brighton and Commerce City that are on the northeast side of denver and offer a less hectic lifestyle. Plenty of fishing around there as well. Look up Ft. Collins its a college town but smaller than CS probably about the size of Pueblo maybe a little bigger. Tons of outdoor stuff in FT.C fishing, hiking, camping, and much more. All of Colorado is beautiful so its really hard to say where my favorite place is. You might be better off coming out and look around before you decide.

devonn216

I find Boulder particularly nice. It has a small town feel, but there's a good amount of stuff there since its a college town. Also close enough to Denver to enjoy the city when wanted, but at the same time close to the wilderness.

Jaydoc1

Do you have kids? Because the school system in Pueblo is abysmal. Not kind of bad. Not just terrible. Abysmal. We just moved to Colorado Springs to get our kids into better schools and I am actually commuting TO Pueblo. The crime rate there is through the roof, as well. On the other hand real estate tends to be very cheap there compared to most other places in Colorado.

We had lived in Pueblo for 14 years prior to the move. Don't want to scare you off but I'd look most other places in Colorado before there.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Do you have kids? Because the school system in Pueblo is abysmal. Not kind of bad. Not just terrible. Abysmal. We just moved to Colorado Springs to get our kids into better schools and I am actually commuting TO Pueblo. The crime rate there is through the roof, as well. On the other hand real estate tends to be very cheap there compared to most other places in Colorado.

We had lived in Pueblo for 14 years prior to the move. Don't want to scare you off but I'd look most other places in Colorado before there.

We got rid of our kids to travel more.:cheesy: We came from Columbia, SC and it was featured on Gangland series! We lived there 6-7 years and had no problems. Of course we lived in a better area...to us anyway. Every place has a bad area. I did read about East Pueblo being such, but west better. I appreciate all the info.

CastleRockJeep

Douglas County, just north of Colorado Springs and just south of Denver. Castle Rock is awesome #4 in Money magazines best places to live 2014!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434413286.093188.jpg

CoryB

Be sure to consider the western slope as well. I lived in Grand Junction for a few years in the early 80's and loved it until everything shut down due to oil shale exploration being stopped. We had the Colorado National Monument on one side, the Bookcliffs on another, and the Grand Mesa on a third side - it was wonderful and I dream of going back sometime.

Top Bottom