Luvin'AZ

OffRoadAZBillDoes

Thursday 6/25/15. Somewhere where the temperature is tolerable. I'm stock but all for a challenge as long as I don't break my Jeep. Open to suggestions.

OffRoadAZBillDoes

Crown King is one of my favorite trails. I hear Black Bear diner has great breakfast. Maybe plan to meet there early and hit the trail from there?

Skeem47

Sedona is always nice and not too too far of a drive. Lots of decent trails and oh yeah, the Oak Creek Brewing Company is a nice place to grub down and get some brews :beer: :thumbup:

WEN2FAS

Thursday 6/25/15. Somewhere where the temperature is tolerable. I'm stock but all for a challenge as long as I don't break my Jeep. Open to suggestions.

I'm in! Somewhere the temp is tolerable is key though. Went to the Gila river the other day when it was 112 and man it was harsh out there. Came home and booked a room in Durango for the weekend because it's suppose to be 115 here.

OffRoadAZBillDoes

Have you ever been to Payette Draw in Payson? Don't know how well I'll do stock there, but looks good on the net. Temp should be okay there.

WEN2FAS

Went up there a couple weeks ago to check it out. It happened to be a rainy day, which I love, but it was too muddy. The road to the trail head was slicker then snot so we turned back after just a couple miles.

I'm up for another run at it on the 25th.

piefra

I did payette draw last weekend in my near stock JKUR. I got aftermarket skids and the evo leveling kit (1.5" in the front, 3/4" or so in the back) and I got through with some scraping on the skids and some careful planing.
But make sure you go with some more built Jeeps incase you get stuck and do not go without a spare. There are plenty of sharp rocks all over the place. :)

piefra

We had some people in our group that liked to play a bit and we had some damage. A bent rear drive shaft, a crushed valve stem, a snapped synthetic winch line (on the filter) and one Jeep had some electrical issues causing to blow a fuse every couple of hundred feet.

I should mention that there are bypasses, but they are boring. Stay in the wash/draw. :)

piefra

Working on weekdays, otherwise I'd join. There's a greasy spoon and oak creek homestead run on the 28th. Arizona jeep wrangler group on facebook.

OffRoadAZBillDoes

Working on weekdays, otherwise I'd join. There's a greasy spoon and oak creek homestead run on the 28th. Arizona jeep wrangler group on facebook.

I'll be working that weekend. Sometimes my schedule works for me, other times it works against me. I'll make a trail on one of my weekends off.

WEN2FAS

Where to meet and at what time on Thursday? I'm planning on having breakfast in Payson, there is a Dennys there if I remember correctly.

We will meet you in Payson at the Dennys. We can be there by 8:30 or 9:00 if that works. We will already have had breakfast. Or let me know if a certain time works better. We can do anytime.

Last edited:
Top Bottom