Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi-Lift Jack Mounting Options

Hi-Lift Jack Mounting Options

Hey Forums!

Before we even start this discussion, I think it needs to be said that this hi-lift will be purely for looks. I love off roading but this is my daily driver and I really am not able to bring it off roading often nor to any extent that would ever cause me to use the hi-lift jack.

I want to mount it onto my hood? Can anyone suggest the a good and cheap mount/Jack which I can mount onto my hood and the best place to buy it from? One which locks would be great so it doesn't get stolen but there are other ways to prevent this as well!

thanks!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434565088.377209.jpg

Like this

Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    I have the ACE Engineering hood mounts and they work fine. They don't have a lock or anything but you could probably run a cable through them and through the jack lifting bar and secure it. Or a lock somehow. I haven't looked much into securing it yet.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434566143.690021.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434566170.653531.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434566208.358302.jpg
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

does it eventually start to leave drip marks from rust or oils on your hood after being out in the weather with rain and/or snow?

I was just curious, something I always wondered about the hood mounts and leaving the on there...

I agree they do look badass though...

always liked this mounting option as well...

side-mount.jpg

Mounted mine to the roll bar using 2 fence clamps and wing nuts from Home Depot. Was less than $5.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434570153.320165.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434570187.197813.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bonedaddy View Post
    does it eventually start to leave drip marks from rust or oils on your hood after being out in the weather with rain and/or snow?

I was just curious, something I always wondered about the hood mounts and leaving the on there...

This is the single reason I will not mount one to the body. I can only imagine over time as rain develops and drips on to the body it will leave rust stains. Seems like you would need to stay on top of it, making sure it is washed and dried on a regular basis. With that said plenty of guys do it so who knows.........

Knows a Thing or Two Spudcannons's Avatar
    I keep mine under my back seat but I am moving it to the PSC body mount carrier when I buy some hardware to mount it.

I went with the Dominican hi lift mount. It mounts to the to of the rear roll cage. Doesn't work with a soft top though.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    I went with the Dominican hi lift mount. It mounts to the to of the rear roll cage. Doesn't work with a soft top though.
    Across the top right? I like the attachment holders you can get as well...

Mine will be going under the rear seat in the bag so it doesnt tear carpet... I thought about getting the brackets to mount it behind the rear seat "crooked river offroad" brackets but they want more than I paid for the jack... I will attempt ro make my own, if not under the seat she goes...

I will let you all know if I make something worth a damn or not...

Hi-Lift Jack Mounting Options

Quote Originally Posted by bonedaddy View Post

side-mount.jpg
    Yeah the rust from the jack drips on the hood and then fender. It shows up on the white jeep fairly noticeable. I took it off the hood as I'm using it on another project. Right now it comes off with a slight rub. I am looking at purchasing a black one to go with the whole black/white theme I got going. I have thought about having this one sand blasted and powder coated and while I haven't priced it out, I can only imagine it will be more expensive to do that than to purchase another one in black. The cheapest I was quoted to powder coat my door hinges and hood hinges was $100.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Meant to add that this jack was given to me by my grandfather shortly after I graduated high school as a graduation present. He used them for so many things around the farm and bought it for me as I was starting to mess with the 4x4s. It's been in all of my 4x4 "toys" ever since. He passed away that summer so it was the last thing he ever gave me. It has some sentimental value and I'll never get rid of it and I kind of hate to have it redone just because he gave it to me. I know it really wouldn't matter but I feel like it would matter to me. Just wouldn't be the same.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast