Gun Racks! Let's See Em'

KrawlerJK

Not sure if this thread has been started yet but I'm curious to see some cool ways to mount some weaponry!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434573204.322388.jpg .

You can sorta see it in this picture.

Wouldn't put one in my JK but they are out there. I took a picture of a decent setup some BLM Rangers have. It was your typical police vehicle electro-lock. Pic must be on my laptop.

Last edited:

HoosierWolf

I don't really use a mount. Just a locking case. I do have a holster for my handgun mounted underneath the steering column in case I feel like I need quicker access. No pictures but I cut the paddle off a Fobus holster and ran three screws throw it into the dash. I then painted the screws black to make them less obvious. I've been through drive throughs at fast food restaurants and no one even seems to notice it.

I've been giving some thoughts to ways to mount my AR but haven't come up with one I like yet. I'm curious to see what others have done.

Dirt Foot

I don't really use a mount. Just a locking case. I do have a holster for my handgun mounted underneath the steering column in case I feel like I need quicker access. No pictures but I cut the paddle off a Fobus holster and ran three screws throw it into the dash. I then painted the screws black to make them less obvious. I've been through drive throughs at fast food restaurants and no one even seems to notice it.

I've been giving some thoughts to ways to mount my AR but haven't come up with one I like yet. I'm curious to see what others have done.

That's not legal here in Florida. Not allowed to have mounted hand gun holsters. I do love the idea though. Gotta love the quick access.

HoosierWolf

"That's not legal here in Florida. Not allowed to have mounted hand gun holsters"

Is that even with a concealed carry licence?

Dirt Foot

"That's not legal here in Florida. Not allowed to have mounted hand gun holsters"

Is that even with a concealed carry licence?

Yes sir that's correct. I carry concealed also with a CWP. You can carry on your person in a vehicle with a CWP. But no hard mounting of easy access holsters in vehicles. With or without a permit. We have a 1 step rule in FL. The weapon must be contained in a snapped holster or in a glove box or center console. That's also with or without a CWP.

KrawlerJK

Check this out! All I know is it is apparently for an airsoft version of the Bushmaster ACR. If I could find out where to buy one I would happily insert my ACR in that sucker... Jackrabbits beware!!!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434597604.372027.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Some ideas from Condition Zero:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434597941.126771.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434597951.283866.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434597960.418974.jpg

Pricey but looks well built. I may get the pistol mount but don't like that cheap uncle mikes looking holster. Probably replace with a good Kydex holster.

Last edited:

2013CGJKU

Check this out! All I know is it is apparently for an airsoft version of the Bushmaster ACR. If I could find out where to buy one I would happily insert my ACR in that sucker... Jackrabbits beware!!!
View attachment 149367

Kydex is actually really stinkin easy to work with... you could make it yourself pretty easy.

Make your Kydex mold and throw some 90 degree brackets on it to bolt it to your door hinges and your all set.

miamidiver

Yes sir that's correct. I carry concealed also with a CWP. You can carry on your person in a vehicle with a CWP. But no hard mounting of easy access holsters in vehicles. With or without a permit. We have a 1 step rule in FL. The weapon must be contained in a snapped holster or in a glove box or center console. That's also with or without a CWP.

I'm curious as to where you got this information?

HoosierWolf

From what I researched on the web he is correct regarding vehicle mounted holster in FL. :(

However from the way I understand what I've read if it has a thumb break/snap the mounted holster would be legal. I could of course be wrong. Would be great if we had a Florida LEO or lawyer on the forum to help clear this up.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I'm curious as to where you got this information?

Per Florida gun laws....

VEHICLE CARRY

Vehicle carry without a license when the weapon is not immediately accessible/available for use is permitted.

Handguns – must be either "securely encased" -F.S.S.790.25(3)(l) Some cite this as a grey area or risky- or not immediately available for use.[17] "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.[18] Carry of a Handgun on one's person inside a vehicle without a license is not permitted (except in the case of open carry in accordance with the law outlined above). Once a handgun is securely encased, it can be stored anywhere inside the vehicle and is not limited to just the glove compartment/center console.

Now the way I interpret this is that if my firearm is secured in a snapped holster that is attached to the front seat mount it should be legal but then again my definition of "securely encased" may differ from someone else's definition.........a grey area as stated

~Woodrow~

miamidiver

Per Florida gun laws....

VEHICLE CARRY

Vehicle carry without a license when the weapon is not immediately accessible/available for use is permitted.

Handguns – must be either "securely encased" -F.S.S.790.25(3)(l) Some cite this as a grey area or risky- or not immediately available for use.[17] "Securely encased" means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.[18] Carry of a Handgun on one's person inside a vehicle without a license is not permitted (except in the case of open carry in accordance with the law outlined above). Once a handgun is securely encased, it can be stored anywhere inside the vehicle and is not limited to just the glove compartment/center console.

Now the way I interpret this is that if my firearm is secured in a snapped holster that is attached to the front seat mount it should be legal but then again my definition of "securely encased" may differ from someone else's definition.........a grey area as stated

~Woodrow~

I understand this is with out a license. I have always heard with a license as long as it is not plainly visible (concealed) it is all good. Certainly not the best idea to have it mounted on the dash as LEO will ask some interesting questions. But nowhere 8n FS 790 does it cover how a CWP holder can carry.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Since you're near me in distance we should get together and maybe put together a Suds n Grub.........kinda a late invite but my group of Jeep friends are meeting up in broward at Joe's Crab Shack on US-1 (Federal Hwy) just north of Sunrise from 6pm-10pm.......we had 40 Jeeps there last month......LMK

~Woodrow~

miamidiver

Since you're near me in distance we should get together and maybe put together a Suds n Grub.........kinda a late invite but my group of Jeep friends are meeting up in broward at Joe's Crab Shack on US-1 (Federal Hwy) just north of Sunrise from 6pm-10pm.......we had 40 Jeeps there last month......LMK

~Woodrow~

Is this tonight?

Top Bottom