Camping area lake tahoe

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looking to hit up lake Tahoe in the next few weeks. Last minute decision. Can anybody recommend a cool camping spot? How about areas to go paddleboarding (don't need rentals)? Any info helps, not familiar with the area! Gonna try our the new trailer tent setup!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to be in the general area but not at Lake Tahoe, I would highly recommend the lower blue lakes. Real nice campground and pretty lake

bkac

Caught the Bug
If you want to be in the general area but not at Lake Tahoe, I would highly recommend the lower blue lakes. Real nice campground and pretty lake

We're just looking to explore the area for a few days. It's going to be a family "overlanding" outing vacation. Bringing the paddleboards and bikes to just chill and explore! I'm gonna check these C.G.'s out. Thanks again!

SierraSilver

My experience has been that lower blue lakes fills up from time to time. The forest is always an option too. Our personal favorite, and always away are the campgrounds out of Kyburz, which is 30 min from south shore. I agree with Eddie, the north and Nevada sides are better.

Top Bottom