So you completely remove the swaybar links... then what?

bonedaddy

First off, I did try searching - perhaps there is a better way to search the forum than I know of, if so please share... ;)

Well this will be my 3rd time out since I bought it in March, so i plan on disc my swaybar for the first time tomorrow, suspension is stock so I will just be removing both links completely and tossing them in the jeep - but then what do you do with the swaybar? do you just angle it up and maybe zip tie it or something?

Also i would imagine this would be something you would want to do when you get to where you are going and not at home before you make the trip correct?

Last question, whats the bolt size on the links?

Any advice or picts would be great - so a visual person...

Thanks - Donnie

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can bungee or zip tie the arms up and secured onto you frame rails or onto your body mounts under the grill.

spinuck

First off, I did try searching - perhaps there is a better way to search the forum than I know of, if so please share... ;)

Well this will be my 3rd time out since I bought it in March, so i plan on disc my swaybar for the first time tomorrow, suspension is stock so I will just be removing both links completely and tossing them in the jeep - but then what do you do with the swaybar? do you just angle it up and maybe zip tie it or something?

Also i would imagine this would be something you would want to do when you get to where you are going and not at home before you make the trip correct?

Thanks - Donnie

I believe the nut and bolt are both 18mm. Yeah you'd want to do it when you get there and reconnect when you go head home.

thardy

Banned
I got tired of unbolting mine once a month and ended up just removing the entire swaybar. I drove it that way for probably 8 months and put it back on to sell it. That's definitely not the safest solution, but depending on how far away you are from where you're wheeling, you could easily disconnect and ziptie the swaybar prior to leaving the house.

mcsjk

I got tired of unbolting mine once a month and ended up just removing the entire swaybar. I drove it that way for probably 8 months and put it back on to sell it. That's definitely not the safest solution, but depending on how far away you are from where you're wheeling, you could easily disconnect and ziptie the swaybar prior to leaving the house.

I did the same thing and have had it off for a while (probably a year and a half). And agreed it's not the safest solution, it does lean more on turns but I have not been in a situation where I felt unsafe due to a lack of a swaybar. But I also don't drive like I'm at Talladega.

hhunter050

Thanks - Donnie

Rough Country makes some handy dandy brackets you can get

Attachments

• 1434857513695.jpg
    1434857513695.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 202

bonedaddy

Rough Country makes some handy dandy brackets you can get

so you unbolt or unpin the bottom and them just bring it up to the bracket and i would imagine either bolt or pin it there... that seems fairly simple...

thanks!

and thank you to everyone else for the info as well...

Siebermd

Just disconnect when you get to the trail. Worst case, a pet or much worse a little kid runs out in the road in front of you. You'll definitely want to have it connected.

BlackHawk08jk

Thanks - Donnie

Yes do it when you get there. It's not really fun to drive on the highway like that.

Rayz

so you unbolt or unpin the bottom and them just bring it up to the bracket and i would imagine either bolt or pin it there... that seems fairly simple...

thanks!

and thank you to everyone else for the info as well...

yup just zip tie it.. little update: had zip tie break-cheap china ones , i'm goin with paracord , until i get around to bolting a bracket on to pin them too..

Last edited:
Top Bottom