Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JK 44s, worth it?

Knows a Thing or Two OhNoTheJiggies's Avatar

JK 44s, worth it?

So I got offered a set of JK 44s, front and rear. Just the housing with balljoints and 4.10s. I plan to eventually run 37s... maybe 40s (but at that point I'll be placing an order from Dynatrac). So I wanted to see if anyone has any input... would cost me $400 for the set... good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTheJiggies View Post
    So I got offered a set of JK 44s, front and rear. Just the housing with balljoints and 4.10s. I plan to eventually run 37s... maybe 40s (but at that point I'll be placing an order from Dynatrac). So I wanted to see if anyone has any input... would cost me $400 for the set... good deal?

For $400 - absolutely, grab them and run.

Nothing but a Thing
    Check to see where you can get all the internals. Might turn out to be an expensive endeavor....

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JKSahara View Post
    Check to see where you can get all the internals. Might turn out to be an expensive endeavor....
    Wait, are axle shafts/carriers or lockers included?

Knows a Thing or Two tastethebeast's Avatar
    Don't you own a JK? There would be no reason to buy the rear since it has no locker. Also, if the shafts and locker are not included, you are really just buying a 44 housing for the front so it is probably an average deal. Are you willing to spend the extra dough for shafts and lockers?

Is a package deal so I'm willing to buy the set. I want to get a box full of acronyms for them (rse, ARBs, & RCVs) so I'm not worried about having to buy internals. Probably sell the rear and my stock front for a few bucks... but keep the diff cover that's on the ones I'm buying.

It's a possibility that I'll hunt down some stock d44 internals for a little while, and if they last long enough, then I'll just upgrade to a pro rock setup

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTheJiggies View Post
    Is a package deal so I'm willing to buy the set. I want to get a box full of acronyms for them (rse, ARBs, & RCVs) so I'm not worried about having to buy internals. Probably sell the rear and my stock front for a few bucks... but keep the diff cover that's on the ones I'm buying.
    I'd say buy them and sell the rear to buy your internals for the D44 front.

It'll be tough to sell a Rubicon D44 rear axle without the locker, so don't bank on that! I'd rather have a sport/sahara rear than a Rubi of I had to buy all the components.

Its a good deal, but only if you can do all of the work to rebuild them, and get a good deal on used Rubi internals to rebuild the front. Just be sure that the axle is not bent, all to common on our fat ass JKs
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by StrizzyChris View Post
    It'll be tough to sell a Rubicon D44 rear axle without the locker, so don't bank on that! I'd rather have a sport/sahara rear than a Rubi of I had to buy all the components.

Its a good deal, but only if you can do all of the work to rebuild them, and get a good deal on used Rubi internals to rebuild the front. Just be sure that the axle is not bent, all to common on our fat ass JKs
    Yeah, i got a sahara...
    I'm not going to ask an arm and a leg for it, just try to make back a few bucks and put it toward the front axle... and sell my 30 and put those pennies toward the 44.
    I'm going to go look at them later this week, guy said he'll hold them if I'm interested, so I just want to make sure they aren't too banged up or bent... bonus would be balljoints being in good shape (not counting on it lol)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast