Off-road Toyota Sienna?

aldaman

We've joked around about Jeeps running a mini van engine. Now I see this, a lifted Mini van :crazyeyes:

I Read this on Car & Driver....

image.jpg

"Toyota has only just broken ground on its new U.S. headquarters, in Plano, Texas, and it appears there’s already been a cultural rub-off. As evidence, we present this lifted, 4×4 Sienna minivan. Perched high atop the chassis of a Toyota Tacoma pickup, this former mom-mobile now rolls on ultrawide, off-road tires and features cool, rear-hinged front doors. Fender flares and a new front bumper—both seemingly formed out of flat sheetmetal panels—add to the utilitarian look, while a front-mounted winch, auxiliary lights, and dark-tinted headlights create a sinister vibe. The SUVan is finished in matte black, naturally.The bad-boy Sienna will be headed to the SEMA show this fall. You may catch it in action before then, however, on Toyota’s Ever-Better Expedition. Part of a worldwide trek, the North American leg takes 140 Toyota employees—make that “team members”—on a 16,500-mile excursion crisscrossing the United States and Canada. The Sienna is one of nine vehicles making the trip, which is supposed to build team spirit—or foster building more awesome vehicles, we’re not sure which."

holliewood61

Id wheel it, id wheel the shit out of it with screaming snot nosed kids in the back and my wife in the front bitchin about the shortcut I just took

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
For me it's just different enough to be interesting. I like that it's on a Taco frame which is a good start. Could it be Toyota has a "skunk works"?:D

CandAMudders

I think Eddie should organize a Jeep Overland Expedition to run along with all these Toyotas on their epic journey...would make for some hilarious footage. He can re-brand Mobi as an Overlander!

Wardell

You may catch it in action before then, however, on Toyota’s Ever-Better Expedition. Part of a worldwide trek, the North American leg takes 140 Toyota employees—make that “team members”—on a 16,500-mile excursion crisscrossing the United States and Canada. The Sienna is one of nine vehicles making the trip, which is supposed to build team spirit—or foster building more awesome vehicles, we’re not sure which."

140 employees in nine vehicles??? No wonder they need a giant off road van!

It looks like a police vehicle from some futuristic movie...

I would totally drive it, kind of has an A-Team feel to it.

I got a similar impression, but I think it looks too Hollywood and not like it would work well for offroading in the real world. They might be able to prove that wrong... but I still wouldn't want to be caught dead in one.

Brent McCartney

140 employees in nine vehicles??? No wonder they need a giant off road van!

I got a similar impression, but I think it looks too Hollywood and not like it would work well for offroading in the real world. They might be able to prove that wrong... but I still wouldn't want to be caught dead in one.

That's 15 people per van, don't think that's enough room.

Top Bottom