Which 17" beadlocks do you recommend?

JKsix

Title says it all. Just looking for some outside opinions and to see some options I am not currently aware of. Also to be noted they will be wrapped in 37" Toyo MTs

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I am happy with the Racelines. No real issues with the bolts getting scraped, but the rings do.
:beer:

Rancho_beadlock_zpsa90c7975.jpg

GR8WHITE

I am pretty happy with my spyderlocks. And if you ever get tired of the "spyder rings" you can always switch them out for a set of slab rings.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I have method 105s and have been happy with them as well. Same as rancho stated with the racelines, the bolts on the methods haven't gotten damaged but the rings are beat to snot

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I personally would recommend ATX Slabs or Chamber Pro II's as they not only have super thick rings, they also have recessed bolts and bolts that are a bigger/stronger than their competition. Another thing they have going for them is that when installed, the rings sit metal to metal instead of just sandwiching the rubber tire and that helps to prevent bolts from breaking.

Spyderlocs are made by ATX and are exactly the same as Slabs minus the star in the middle and while I have run them in the past and liked the way they look, I found the stars to get hung up on rocks and roots and once they get bent in, they throw off the balance of the wheels.

I have run Walkers in the past and love the way they look too but, they have thin rings, small bolts that tend to break.

BitBucket

I went with ATX Slabs! You can mount the tires yourself and they look great. I wrapped them in 37x12.5 Nittos and lifted my JKU with an EVO 4" enforcer lift.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Slabs over here. They are heavy, but I don't see them breaking anytime soon. I took my caps off the other day also. Less tools to carry and makes me feel like I have full float axles.Lol

Attachments

• 1435358849422.jpg
    1435358849422.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 516

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I personally would recommend ATX Slabs or Chamber Pro II's as they not only have super thick rings, they also have recessed bolts and bolts that are a bigger/stronger than their competition. Another thing they have going for them is that when installed, the rings sit metal to metal instead of just sandwiching the rubber tire and that helps to prevent bolts from breaking.

Spyderlocs are made by ATX and are exactly the same as Slabs minus the star in the middle and while I have run them in the past and liked the way they look, I found the stars to get hung up on rocks and roots and once they get bent in, they throw off the balance of the wheels.

I have run Walkers in the past and love the way they look too but, they have thin rings, small bolts that tend to break.

Love my Walkers and their new rims are suppose to be stronger, but those damn bolts are the weak point.

I bet the slab rings are twice the thickness

holliewood61

I reckon im the only cheap skate here. I picked up some steel wheels and put on a diy beadlock kit. No complaints whatsoever. Im running 15's but the same can be done with 17's. I ended up with less than $600 in a set of beadlocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like slabs have the vote. Thank you guys for your help.

Well, Slabs or their sister wheel, Chamber Pro II's. They are what we are running now as they have a bit more back spacing and look great - or, at least to us anyway :yup:

attachment.php

attachment.php

JKsix

Well, Slabs or their sister wheel, Chamber Pro II's. They are what we are running now as they have a bit more back spacing and look great - or, at least to us anyway :yup:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Are the chamber pros available in black or would I have to have them powder coated?

TNuggs13

I have to ask and this may be a stupid question but I've heard people say that beadlocks aren't good to have on a daily driver? Is this true?

Top Bottom