What is the necessary parts for making your own lift

Eezybreezy08

Just asking to see what is the main parts you need for any regular lift for a 4dr jk so I won't get conned into buying a lift with parts that I don't need

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Just asking to see what is the main parts you need for any regular lift for a 4dr jk so I won't get conned into buying a lift with parts that I don't need

This is why I think the Evo enforcer is the best kit on the market.

It has all the parts you need to properly lift your jk. It doesn't include a bunch of shit you don't need.

You just need to add shocks, drag link flip and driveshafts

10frank9

Web Wheeler
This is why I think the Evo enforcer is the best kit on the market.

It has all the parts you need to properly lift your jk. It doesn't include a bunch of shit you don't need.

You just need to add shocks, drag link flip and driveshafts

I second this. You don't need a kit with all eight arms like the ones RK sells and use catchy names like "mid-arm" no such thing.

Eezybreezy08

Roger that. Believe me I've read all about Evo on here. I just want to see what yall think and I want to be able to see what every company has to offer lift wise

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Need: Coils, shocks appropriate length for coils, raised front and rear track bar bracket, bump stop extensions, adjustable front lower control arms for a 4 door, add adj upper rears for a 2dr., longer brake lines, longer sway bar links, and an aftermarket front driveshaft (add rear for a 2dr).

OR you can get the EVO enforcer which covers all this minus the DS for a 4dr. :crazyeyes:

NV375

2.5 in is all

My $0.02 a Rancho 2"sport suspension for a 2 door (to get rear 1.75 coil spacers) w/RS9000XL shocks. Add rear bumpstop extensions if running 35" Trail Graplers and some front sway bar links. The rear shocks that come with this kit will allow good travel. The front shocks limit travel so I was able too keep stock front DS on my '14 JKUR. With a stock or light bumper this should give over 2" in front. With a heavy bumper and winch you may want to add 3/4" front coil spacers. This is almost exactly what I was running before my Enforcer lift.

Or find 2.5" coil spacers and pair them with the same RS9000XL shocks that the kit above comes with (short fronts and longer rears) and some bumpstop extensions and front swaybar links.

Just my thoughts. Others chime in to correct me.

Attachments

• 1435459248248.jpg
    1435459248248.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 129

NV375

Thanks for your 2 cents. That's what I'm looking for. I know everyone and there grandma loves the 3 enforcer

I would have told you 4" Enforcer but you specified 2.5" so stayed as close as I could. Several on here have gone to 4" plush rides after starting with 3" Enforcer. I will likely do the same sometime. Not for ride height but for keeping rear from bottoming as easy when loaded with gear and parts.

I can tell you with the 3" enforcer, shocks and a front DS is all you need. The DLF is probably a matter of preference at 3", but in my case, i dont see a need for it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
2.5" lifts is a sales pitch. Most of them end up being 3" or more.

They started that bullshit to make customers think they won't need to address drive lines.

The Rancho kit is a great suggestion

This ^^^^
I was about to say something just like it. :yup:

JKbrick

2.5" lifts is a sales pitch. Most of them end up being 3" or more.

They started that bullshit to make customers think they won't need to address drive lines.

The Rancho kit is a great suggestion

Agreed, I went with the 2" JSPEC and got 3.5" out of it

Eezybreezy08

Well I appreciate talks opinions. I just like looking at every option. Especially since there is a thousand different companies out there. I live on the east coast and if it wasn't for this forum I would have no idea about Evo. But anyways I don't want to be stuck with this is the one and only especially with all the lifts out there so I like to look at everyone's opinion and learn all I can. Cause yall know as much as me, depending on what forum you go to, each forum kinda has their specific company that everyone tends to follow. I'm not here for that. I'm here to learn all I can and here the different opinions of what lifts people have ridden on there jeeps

Top Bottom