Tie Rod and Drag link

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
hey all, i wanted to know if anyone knows the measurements of the stock drag link and tie rod. i installed new ends on the drag link and had a brain fart and forgot to measure the length of them before changing the ends out. :greyno:.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hey all, i wanted to know if anyone knows the measurements of the stock drag link and tie rod. i installed new ends on the drag link and had a brain fart and forgot to measure the length of them before changing the ends out. :greyno:.

Your tie-rod you'll just want to set so that your toe-in is at about 1/16". Your drag link you'll want to just set so that attaches to your knuckle and your steering wheel is centered. Do NOT rely on arbitrary measurements.

^^^ What WOL said.

58 3/4" should get you close on the tie-rod, the D-Link will be different due to too many variables. Just make sure the turn-buckle has equal amounts of thread on both sides (if stock). When done adjusting, make sure you can turn to each lock. (I had a buddy get it so out or whack he was one full turn off.)

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
ok thanks guys!
reason i asked was because i feel like the drag link is fighting with the tie rod as if i had one to short for the other.
it had been giving me a weird driving sensation as if the two are pulling away/ toward from each other leading to a really loose and unsafe driving experience for a couple weeks now. and when i was trying to fix the drag link length, i could feel that it was in a bind when i tried turning the DL buckle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you just installed new tie-rod ends, they can cause a sensation like what you're describing or at least, until they break in.

Top Bottom