Rugged Ridge New Spartan Grille & Mesh Inserts for JK's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, I got the following press release from Rugged Ridge last week but, being that I was out on the trail, didn't get a chance to post up about it until now. Check it out and give me your honest opinion about it. I'd really be interested in hearing what you think of it and I'm sure they would too.

RUGGED RIDGE INTRODUCES NEW SPARTAN GRILLE AND MESH INSERTS FOR ‘07-'15 JEEP WRANGLER
New Personalization Options for JK Wranglers with Aggressive Design and Interchangeable Steel Mesh Inserts
!cid_image002.jpg

Designed for Jeep enthusiasts seeking to separate their rigs from the rest, the Rugged Ridge Spartan Grille features an aggressive off-road design with a factory-quality fit and finish, allowing JK owners to easily and significantly change the look of their Wrangler.

Each new injection-molded grille is easily paintable and is equipped to accommodate Rugged Ridge’s interchangeable steel mesh inserts for Jeep owners to further customize the appearance of their Jeep.

In addition to its dramatic styling, Rugged Ridge’s Spartan Grille also features a larger opening, providing the engine compartment with increased air flow for improved cooling; especially important during low-speed off-road crawling when engine temperatures are known to rise.

“Our Spartan Grilles and inserts are a great way for JK owners to personalize the look of their Wrangler and really set themselves apart from the crowd,” said Chris Van Buren, Design Engineer at Omix-ADA.

The Rugged Ridge Spartan Grille and Inserts are backed by Rugged Ridge’s 5-year limited warranty and are available online and through select Jeep and off-road parts/accessories retailers nationwide at an MSRP of $249.99.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Fugly, you don't mess with the seven slots, then combine it with the uni-brow. Not my cup of tea. Just my opinion.
I will add, these will probably sell. Looking on ig, there's a bunch of these type grills with those weird looking headlights. Almost seems like people are trying to make a face out of their front end. I don't get it.

Last edited:

Spudcannons

Not a huge fan. Same uni-brow angry eyes issue. There is another verson with an LED light bar incorporated and doesn't require the uni-brow.

This combines both of the grille mods I don't understand or like. (Frowning eyes and square grille). Seriously, a "Jeep" is supposed to have 7 slots. (or 9 if your kicking it old school military)

FuriousDz

Not a fan...looks more like the front of a pick up than a Jeep :grayno:

Would work as a new character in the next installment of Disney's cars though

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I think it gives the grill a pickup truck look, which I like, but the seven slot version is a trademark and most folks will probably keep it.:twocents:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Summa B! Did they steal that from Matti? They'd better watch out before he almost knocks them out. :doh:

pbujk13

should have made a Nukizer 715 J12 etc concept-JK-truck-like grille, or look back at the old wagoneers: if you are going to change the grille design on a Jeep, keep the heritage.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Not for me at all! One thing that's off limits to me is the iconic 7 slot grill. You just don't mess with the classic look and heritage that it represents.

sean.m.adams33

Not a fan. I think I would do the wild boar caveman grill before this one. If I had to. Cause I was being forced at gunpoint...

Dirt Foot

I don't like it either. Not to be part of the majority but I'm more traditional. Don't mess with what makes it a JEEP

Top Bottom