Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D-rings. Do you leave them on?

Caught the Bug

D-rings. Do you leave them on?

How many of you leave them on your bumper all the time. I just bought a set of Crosby D-rings with Daystar isolators and realized how easy they are to take off.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
    How many of you leave them on your bumper all the time. I just bought a set of Crosby D-rings with Daystar isolators and realized how easy they are to take off.
    Depends on the Jeep. The wife's which is a DD, No. Mine, which is mostly a toy, Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
    I personally keep mine in the Jeep in my recovery gear bag. When I get to the trail and air down, I will usually put a ring on front and rear. The main reasons I keep them stowed is a) they seem pretty easy to steal, and b) I like to keep rattles to a minimum.
    2014 Unlimited Rubicon
    Mauser's Build Thread

Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    I leave mine on all of the time. I usually tighten them down and then when I do actually get to go offroad I will loosen them back up. Usually it takes pliers or something to loosen them. So I'm basically just hoping no body will take them. I have a few extra I keep in the jeep though so if somebody does take them I'm covered. That is as long as I didn't need all of them! Lol.

I don't hear them rattling that much really. So that's not an issue for me.

They would be fairly easy to steal though.

Damn thieves.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

Mine is a DD and i leave them on all the time. I have quality d rings in my recovery bag that i use when on the trail. The rings i leave on for my DD are cheaper and already come colored, so if they do get stolen im not heartbroken, but they do look good and for some reason they do not rattle. (added bonus, after one winter the threads rust together and then are a bitch to remove - good luck thieves)
    20150628_132542.jpg

I use to leave them on all the time but after rattling down the dirt roads at KOH I realized that one of them came loose and fell off. I now jeep them inside and will only put them on when needed. A friend of mine suggested that if I leave them on to wrap a wire between the pin and shackle to keep them from unscrewing.

Nothing but a Thing Fir-na-tine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ERAUGrad04 View Post
    I personally keep mine in the Jeep in my recovery gear bag. When I get to the trail and air down, I will usually put a ring on front and rear. The main reasons I keep them stowed is a) they seem pretty easy to steal, and b) I like to keep rattles to a minimum.
    ^^This^^.......I had 2 sets stolen by some neighborhood kids and almost a 3rd but I caught them in the act.......I called the police and they in turn ended up calling the parents to pick them up.......I never pressed charges and one of the parents brought their kid back to return the other 2 sets they had stolen......lesson learned by them and by myself as well.......Now i keep mine in my recovery bag under the back seat to eliminate the possibility of it happening again....

~Woodrow~

Caught the Bug
    Thanks guys

I leave all four on all the time. They look good. Honestly I only drive the jeep to work and when I want to go for a Saturday night ice cream cone with the dogs......so no real risk of getting them stolen.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435695534.011686.jpg

And the occasional parade of course........'Merica

I keep mine in my recovery gear. Occasionally I will put them on before I run a trail if I think they may be needed in a hurry.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast