Steering stabilizer angle

Spudcannons

After installing my new PR44 the angle of the steering stabilizer changed from parralel to 15-25* off. There are no clearance issues or binding, will the different angle cause premature ware or any possible issues?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
After installing my new PR44 the angle of the steering stabilizer changed from parralel to 15-25* off. There are no clearance issues or binding, will the different angle cause premature ware or any possible issues?

Nope. All it does is move it up and out of the way so you don't smash it on the rocks like you would in the stock location

Spudcannons

Nope. All it does is move it up and out of the way so you don't smash it on the rocks like you would in the stock location

Thanks! Now I just need to get that last pesky control arm back in. The johnny joint is stuck at max angle and wedged into the axle mount any ideas on whys to get it out or grease the johnny joint to get it moving?(the grease fitting is not accessable)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks! Now I just need to get that last pesky control arm back in. The johnny joint is stuck at max angle and wedged into the axle mount any ideas on whys to get it out or grease the johnny joint to get it moving?(the grease fitting is not accessable)

I drop my control arms to grease them. It's a pain in the dick but it works. You could get 90* fittings for the future so you don't need to drop them to grease them

rubiDave

Is this too much angle? Should I make a bracket to mount to the Evo bracket and level it out?

View attachment 329610

View attachment 329612

View attachment 329613

Is this too much angle? Should I make a bracket to mount to the Evo bracket and level it out?

View attachment 329610

View attachment 329612

View attachment 329613

Here's mine.
20190625_121038.jpeg
The angle is similar, but the trackbar end mount is rotated 90 degrees from yours so the bushing rotates rather than scrunches as the steering moves side to side.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Here's mine.
View attachment 329645
The angle is similar, but the trackbar end mount is rotated 90 degrees from yours so the bushing rotates rather than scrunches as the steering moves side to side.

Yeah, that seems way better the way you have it... with the coupler style at the tie rod, I don’t really have that option... So I think I’ll weld some tabs here (red circle) and level it out once I see the new shock. Going with Fox now.

IMG_0703.jpg

BaddestCross

Here's the post where I put up pics of the second stabilizer I installed. If you scroll a few posts up from it, you'll see the first one. I originally had it rolled forward per the instructions - or my misunderstanding thereof - but the height is fine on both.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=960810

I'm guessing that track bar bracket assumes you did a raised track bar? That angle looks way off to me.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jesse3638

Hooked
I know Rough Country isn't usually the preferred choice for a lift, but this is what I've been running for the last 7 years after I smashed my OEM. When I bought it it was about $25 cheaper. I didn't use their axle mount as I have the EVO flip kit. I would have went for just an OEM stabilizer, but this with the brackets was actually cheaper. Recently when I did my ball joints, gussets, and axle shafts I had to pull it off and checked it to see if it was worn out. To my surprise it's still functioning as it should. Just because of the kit I'd go with this again as its probably the same as OEM just cheaper.

https://www.roughcountry.com/steering-stabilizer-8731930.html?find=2012-jeep-wrangler-jk-unlimited-4wd-374010

TrailHunter

Hooked
Here's the post where I put up pics of the second stabilizer I installed. If you scroll a few posts up from it, you'll see the first one. I originally had it rolled forward per the instructions - or my misunderstanding thereof - but the height is fine on both.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=960810

I'm guessing that track bar bracket assumes you did a raised track bar?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Yes... Draglink Flip Bracket raises the track bar. It's just a hole... I'm not married to it. (insert joke here)

rubiDave

Which Fox stabilizer are you getting? I've looked up a few of them online and they all say they're high pressure nitrogen charged. Does Fox do something different so they won't pull to the left?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Which Fox stabilizer are you getting? I've looked up a few of them online and they all say they're high pressure nitrogen charged. Does Fox do something different so they won't pull to the left?

I know! Lol... but the reviews don’t complain about pulling like the Rancho. Waiting to here from Bubba.

Top Bottom