Rubicat Caged Up with a Rock Hard Sport Cage

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is definitely something I've been meaning to do this for quite some time and finally found enough time at home to get it installed in Rubicat - a Rock Hard Sport Cage!! This would be the 2nd Rock Hard Cage I've installed in a JK and I was reminded as to how much easier it was to get in than the OR-FAB that I installed in Nemo. Anyway, here are some quick pics that I took to show what it looks like.

main.php

main.php

As you can see in this shot, the windshield bar is designed in a way to give the tweeters as much of an opening as possible...
main.php

Shot from above...
main.php

Here are a few shots of the KC light mount I used to attach to the cage and my Cobra 29 CB radio to it...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

View from the passenger side...
main.php

And, a couple with the top back on...
main.php

main.php

If you're considering a sport cage for your JK, this is the one I would recommend. Priced right, easy to install, doesn't make any noise and, it's pretty much the only cage I've seen a JK take a serious tumble and do it's job of protecting its occupants. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
That looks sweet. Moby is awesome, but I'm starting to really like the looks of Rubicat the more you've been showing off lately on runs and mod pics. :yup:

Do have a question... How the heck did you get the dash and interior so dang shinny. That thing looks showroom sparkly. :thinking::thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That looks good but does it block the panel on the side of the dash? It looks like it covers it up so how to you access it?

I have been eyeing one of these for a while but I need other things first. lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice addition.
Did you figure out the use of the KC mt for the CB?

nah, i saw that frank had done it on their jeep a few years back and he got the idea from someone else. i will have to say that it's such a no brainer, i've kicked myself a couple times wondering why i hadn't come up with it myself :crazyeyes:

Looks awesome, what was the install time?

i'd say about 4 hours. less if you already have your top and doors off. take your time marking off the holes you'll need to drill out or else you'll be spending a lot more time. also, i would recommend that you run a tap through all the mounting holes prior to install especially if you get them powder coated. it'll make life a hell of a lot easier for you - trust me.

Very clean! :rock:

thank you :thankyou:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do have a question... How the heck did you get the dash and interior so dang shinny. That thing looks showroom sparkly. :thinking::thumb:

:cheesy: honestly, i've been taking lessons from greg. if you make it a habbit of keeping your rig clean, it'll be easier to keep it that way and it'll stay that way longer. :yup:

That looks good but does it block the panel on the side of the dash? It looks like it covers it up so how to you access it?

I have been eyeing one of these for a while but I need other things first. lol

yes, the side panels do block access to them but, i'm not sure what you would need to get to there. if you really needed, you could always uninstall that part of the cage. it's time consuming but, not too hard to do.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
:cheesy: honestly, i've been taking lessons from greg. if you make it a habbit of keeping your rig clean, it'll be easier to keep it that way and it'll stay that way longer. :yup:

yes, the side panels do block access to them but, i'm not sure what you would need to get to there. if you really needed, you could always uninstall that part of the cage. it's time consuming but, not too hard to do.

I run my wires for my A pillar switches through there and then through the hole in the dash on the drivers side. Then on the passenger side I run the filter for my compressor there. But it looks like you can still access that hole though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I run my wires for my A pillar switches through there and then through the hole in the dash on the drivers side. Then on the passenger side I run the filter for my compressor there. But it looks like you can still access that hole though.

Oh yeah, I run wires through the same hole and you can get to it just fine. you can also phish the wires back behind the support arm pretty easily as well.

DA RUNT

wayoflife said:
i'd say about 4 hours. less if you already have your top and doors off. take your time marking off the holes you'll need to drill out or else you'll be spending a lot more time. also, i would recommend that you run a tap through all the mounting holes prior to install especially if you get them powder coated. it'll make life a hell of a lot easier for you - trust me.

thank you :thankyou:

That's not bad at all, thanks for the tips also. I tried ordering but can't get it in Hawaii. The joys of living in paradise, I'll have to wait til July when we move back to WA :)

JeepFan

Hooked
Okay, this mod has moved way up on my to do list. :D Thanks Eddie for posting the pics. Looks really good. I like the KC mount for the CB as well. The satin black powder coating looks awesome. Can't wait to get this installed on my rig. Time to work on Steph! :brows:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Man-o-Man! That looks like Jeep art as well as Jeep function. It all just looks sooo right! I gotta start eating ramen cups and saving my gummnt checks for this one. Thanks Eddie. Everytime I convince myself that I'm not going to spend any more on the Jeep, you come out with something that just has me reaching unconsiously for the piggy bank. Great idea on the CB attachment too. Thanks Frank. If I hang out long enough with this group, I might even come up with an original idea someday. :D

Metalmasher

wayoflife said:
This is definitely something I've been meaning to do this for quite some time and finally found enough time at home to get it installed in Rubicat - a Rock Hard Sport Cage!! This would be the 2nd Rock Hard Cage I've installed in a JK and I was reminded as to how much easier it was to get in than the OR-FAB that I installed in Nemo. Anyway, here are some quick pics that I took to show what it looks like.

As you can see in this shot, the windshield bar is designed in a way to give the tweeters as much of an opening as possible...

Shot from above...

Here are a few shots of the KC light mount I used to attach to the cage and my Cobra 29 CB radio to it...

View from the passenger side...

And, a couple with the top back on...

If you're considering a sport cage for your JK, this is the one I would recommend. Priced right, easy to install, doesn't make any noise and, it's pretty much the only cage I've seen a JK take a serious tumble and do it's job of protecting its occupants. :yup:

I like the seat belt harness bar they offer to!

Top Bottom