Bighorn Mountains WY

wyorubi

I dont post much but since I have a wayalife banner I figured I would post up some pics of me and my families trip to our favorite mountains in Wyoming. We didnt get much for wheeling pics as I tend to forget to stop to take pictures. I had just gotten my jeep back from trail jeeps and we decided to make a trip to the Bighorns since we only live 90 miles away.

c2.jpg c1.jpg b15.jpg b14.jpg b13.jpg b12.jpg b11.jpg b10.jpg b9.jpg b8.jpg b7.jpg b6.jpg b5.jpg b4.jpg b3.jpg b2.jpg b1.jpg

wyorubi

Its very scenic. There are about 4 good crawling trails on the sheridan side that are alot of fun. The rest of the trails are very nice non technical drives. The best part is they are not very crowded. Our favorite trail is in danger of being shutdown because atvs have been bypassing the rocks and mud holes and tearing up the alpine meadows as they go around. One part is already closed and it looks like its just a matter of time for the whole thing to get closed. The local clubs have been trying to combat this for some time now but some people just dont learn.

wyorubi

My wife took all the pics those are just a few. She has some pics of an ancient Native American stone prayer circle that sits up on the northern side of the mountains, every year they hold pow wows up there. You can see it on google earth, I will see if I can find the pictures of it.

Spaste19

Love it out there. Me and the family have made the trip out to the Tetons 3 times. The last time in 2013 (with the Jeep) we decided to spend a couple days in the Bighorns and stayed in Buffalo, WY. Gorgeous country. Can't wait to return some day soon. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436136927.510592.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436136953.801219.jpg

dwilkening

Great pics. My family and I are headed to Yellowstone, Jackson Hole and Dubois next week. We won't make it up to the Sheridan area on this trip, but after seeing your pics I need to visit.
Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom