Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Rock Hard 4x4 JK Sport Cage Installation Write-Up

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Pics or gtfo!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Lol. This guy will vouch for me.

IMG_2978.JPG
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Wasn't sure where to put this or even if it will work for others. Figured I'd put this here for now and see if others get use of it.

One of the things that has bugged me with the cage since day one is that the drivers side visor does not easily go up and down since the cage install. I basically have to slide out the visor put it down, then slide it back it because of the handle. My passenger side is close, but it works pretty much as it did before. Not sure why, but yesterday I was looking at the angles. Decided to unscrew the visor and throw about 1/4 - 3/8 of an inch worth of washers on the left side screw. Put the visor back on and wouldn't you know, clears the handle now.

Just thought I'd throw it out there as could be a simple fix for others too. Simple enough to try at least.
    I'll have to give that a try, I'm about to pull the cage to fix some of the behind the dash crap that the shop left half-assed when they replaced my heater core.

For now, I loosened the cage on the top visor mount and at the side plate then put a pry bar thru the handle and pulled out on it while I tightened the top bolts up then the side plate.

surprisingly it's held.

Caught the Bug
    Gonna have to find a new place for my crossovers when I get this I have them right where the side pannels go. Any ideas for color with anvil? Everything else pretty much black, might go w a blue tho.... thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SullivanM08 View Post
    Gonna have to find a new place for my crossovers when I get this I have them right where the side pannels go. Any ideas for color with anvil? Everything else pretty much black, might go w a blue tho.... thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Red seems to go well.

Anybody else have a gap on the upper cross member? I tightened down one side and there's a 1/4" gap on the other side with bolts tightened. It's not getting a snug fit around the existing roll bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Anybody else have a gap on the upper cross member? I tightened down one side and there's a 1/4" gap on the other side with bolts tightened. It's not getting a snug fit around the existing roll bar.
    Pic for reference

IMG_20180107_185626.jpg

Throw a ratchet strap around your factory tubes to close that gap, then retighten collar bolts. Remember to tighten upper and lower 2 middle bolts first, then the outers.
    ROCK HARD 4X4
    PREMIUM - PATENTED - PROVEN / 100% Made in the USA Jeep Armor
    Toll Free: (844) ROCK-HARD / 762-5427
    Email: sales@rockhard4x4.com or send us a PM
    Site: www.rockhard4x4.com
    Instructions and Videos: www.rockhard4x4.com/INSTRUCTIONS
    Follow RH4x4: Facebook / YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK HARD 4X4 View Post
    Throw a ratchet strap around your factory tubes to close that gap, then retighten collar bolts. Remember to tighten upper and lower 2 middle bolts first, then the outers.
    I'll give that a shot. 1/4" seems like a heck of a gap to crank down on the stock cage. Not a big deal? I don't want to start popping welds, nuts, etc or bending the windshield.

I'll give that a shot. 1/4" seems like a heck of a gap to crank down on the stock cage. Not a big deal? I don't want to start popping welds, nuts, etc or bending the windshield.
    The issue you are having is super rare, but we've seen it before and the strap did the trick every time.
    ROCK HARD 4X4
    PREMIUM - PATENTED - PROVEN / 100% Made in the USA Jeep Armor
    Toll Free: (844) ROCK-HARD / 762-5427
    Email: sales@rockhard4x4.com or send us a PM
    Site: www.rockhard4x4.com
    Instructions and Videos: www.rockhard4x4.com/INSTRUCTIONS
    Follow RH4x4: Facebook / YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK HARD 4X4 View Post
    The issue you are having is super rare, but we've seen it before and the strap did the trick every time.
    Just my luck. OK, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast