Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Hard 4x4 JK Sport Cage Installation Write-Up

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Mike View Post
    Any recommendations where I can get one painted in SoCal (Orange County)???
    If you just want it painted, you can do it yourself with rattle cans. If you take your time, it'll come out real nice. Otherwise, any body shop will do it too and will color match it for you if you want. For the money, I just paid Off Road Evolution to have mine sent out and get powder coated.

Been Around the Block Charlie Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    If you just want it painted, you can do it yourself with rattle cans. If you take your time, it'll come out real nice. Otherwise, any body shop will do it too and will color match it for you if you want. For the money, I just paid Off Road Evolution to have mine sent out and get powder coated.
    Don't know if I trust myself. haha. And I think I like the idea of having it powder coated as well. Thanks for the help!

Fresh Catch
    What is the reason for having the front center bars connecting the front top bar to the B-Pillar roll bar off-centered in the Rubicat? Are there any benefits from this?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchdish View Post
    What is the reason for having the front center bars connecting the front top bar to the B-Pillar roll bar off-centered in the Rubicat? Are there any benefits from this?
    What makes you think they are off center?

What makes you think they are off center?
    Looks centered to me....

Do you still have the Tuffy overhead security CB console from the Rubicat? I might know someone who'd help take it off your hands for the right price.

in order to put them back on, you would have to do some trimming of the upper piece. it's not that big of a deal to me to leave well enough alone and it's how i have it on moby. i may or may not put them back on rubicat.
    I called Rockhard and asked them about the Bluetooth mic in the drivers side A-frame upper, and they said that would be fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_g View Post
    I called Rockhard and asked them about the Bluetooth mic in the drivers side A-frame upper, and they said that would be fine as well.
    What do you (they) mean by fine? I haven't put my A-frame upper trim back in yet, but I remember thinking that I'd have to relocate the mic hole. Right now it's just zip-tied to the Rockard cage.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    What do you (they) mean by fine? I haven't put my A-frame upper trim back in yet, but I remember thinking that I'd have to relocate the mic hole. Right now it's just zip-tied to the Rockard cage.
    That's all I've done.

yes, you most certainly can. some freedom tops may require a tiny bit of clearaning where it makes contact with clamp but, that's about it.
    What would you recommend using for the clearancing you mentioned where the hard top meets the clamp?
    "THE PRICE YOU PAY-THE CHANCE YOU TOOK"

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Rain View Post
    What would you recommend using for the clearancing you mentioned where the hard top meets the clamp?
    A die grinder with a sanding disc will clearance it in seconds. You just need to be delicate and skim a little at a time.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast