Metal Cloak

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Funny, I was rummaging around Youtube looking at Jeeps/off road videos. Came across this certain one and saw a couple of comments that made me laugh. Then i saw this one and really had a good chuckle.
Now dont get me wrong, ive never owned either lift but, i dont think ive ever seen a jeep equipped with MC run and finish KoH.
Thought id share it with yall. :beer:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1435896606.344079.jpg

vjusmc

Post a link to the video. I have the game changer with OME shocks and love this lift. I can compare it to ORE lifts because I don't personally own that lift. I have no complaints with my lift on or off road.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Post a link to the video. I have the game changer with OME shocks and love this lift. I can compare it to ORE lifts because I don't personally own that lift. I have no complaints with my lift on or off road.

Of course not because you spent your hard earned money on it.

vjusmc

I didn't say it's the best. I don't think any company can say that unless they own every other bolt on kit and have extensively tested it. It really depends what your going to do with it and how much your willing to spend.

I have done every obstacle that a similarly equipped rig with the full ORE enforcer lift. I own many ORE parts and know first hand they make a quality product.

ttfhell

What overlander is saying is not many guys will say they don't like a product they installed or bought.

mds22

I'm fairly new at this, and I was originally planning on buying their arms and springs( I already own track bars, and I wanted everything to match) BUT everytime I'm on line I ready about some crazy problem someone is having with their stuff. Not normal problems you see with lifts but "I've never seen that before" type shit. Latest example would be a guy's rear upper CA jam nut hitting the frame... WTF, or all the problems I've read about their tie rod and drag link. It's crazy. I know so many people love MC stuff, and in concept I think it would serve my needs, but I not rolling the dice on whether or not I'm going to get what I paid for. Or something is going to "slip by" quality control. B/C not one of these problems I read about ends in "I contacted MetalCloak their are sending me a new ______"

Jtmw

The claim that a regular coil and spring set up compares to a coilover and bypass set up is ridiculous.

Hot94Z28

What overlander is saying is not many guys will say they don't like a product they installed or bought.

Most of the time, I wish I would of went a different route myself, not saying RK stuff is not good but it's not as "high end" as I was being lead on to believe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't say it's the best.

You might as well have and really, that's okay - it's just your opinion. :yup:

I don't think any company can say that unless they own every other bolt on kit and have extensively tested it.

Oh please, companies do it all the time - it's called "marketing" and they don't have to own every other bolt on kit out there and have extensively tested it. In fact, even though they're new to the industry, MetalCloak is one of the best at doing this. They put out all kinds of diagrams to show how much their stuff is supposed to be better than their competition all the time. It's how guys like you ultimately choose to buy their stuff even though it hasn't been tested for very long.

It really depends what your going to do with it and how much your willing to spend.

This is partly true but to be fair, MetalCloak was saying that their kit performs BETTER than an EVO DTD. I mean, really??

I have done every obstacle that a similarly equipped rig with the full ORE enforcer lift.

And good for you. Don't know what obstacles you're referring to but I'd be willing to bet there are guys who have done them with their TeraFlex, ProComp lift, etc. as well. Just because you can do something doesn't mean it did it better or more importantly, more comfortably. Of course, Metalcloak was trying to compare their kit with a Double Throw Down kit - NOT an Enforcer kit. You and they are kidding themselves if you really think they are even in the same league. I have personally seen the top of the line Metalcloak kit with 6-pack shocks in action on the trail, on big rocks and going over whoops at high speed trying to keep up with a rig that has a DTD. The driver had his ass handed to him and his tire carrier ended up breaking off from the rough ride. Not trying to talk smack about Metalcloak here - just sharing what I have personally seen.

vjusmc

I am not Metalcloak and didn't say anything else other than what was said. I didn't say it was better than the DTD or even compared it.

That's "marketing" as you said. All I said is I'm happy with their suspension products.

Both kits aren't even remotely in the same price range so I wouldn't even consider that a fair comparison.

Well I have ran the metalcloak game changer lite lift, and you know what it did ride/handle very good on the rode. It was dang good off road, but I know have full Evo bolt on coilovers, and have ridden in many DTD rigs and the metalcloak lift isn't even in the same league.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am not Metalcloak and didn't say anything else other than what was said.

Ummm, never said you were Metalcloak and never said anything other than what I said :naw:

I didn't say it was better than the DTD or even compared it.

Never said you did - Metalcloak did.

That's "marketing" as you said.

Yeah, that is what I said.

All I said is I'm happy with their suspension products.

And, nobody said that you shouldn't be happy with it. It's your money, your Jeep and you should be happy with whatever you do with it.

Both kits aren't even remotely in the same price range so I wouldn't even consider that a fair comparison.

And, I couldn't agree more. However, your beloved Metalcloak DID try to compare their kit to the DTD and even went so far as to say that it was BETTER. This is MARKETING and being that they're new to the industry - this is the ONLY thing guys like you have to go off of when you choose to buy their products. All I'm doing is trying to put things into perspective for those who might not know any better. You seem to feel a need to validate your purchase.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I have ran the metalcloak game changer lite lift, and you know what it did ride/handle very good on the rode. It was dang good off road, but I know have full Evo bolt on coilovers, and have ridden in many DTD rigs and the metalcloak lift isn't even in the same league.

Thank you for chiming in with your personal experiences running both setups. To be fair, I have no doubts that the Metalcloak kit is a decent kit if not pretty nice. I just find it crazy for them to actually try and compare their stuff to something like a DTD and suggest that their stuff is actually "better". It's that kind of desperate marketing that just frustrates me to no end as it can be convincing to those who have no clue.

vjusmc

I'm sure it isn't. But then again it's not even within the same price range. Once again I said I'm happy with it and would definitely buy it again. I know this forum is very EVO bias and I never bashed on EVO. Everyone needs to be open minded and understand that every person has their own opinion and can make different choices. I have many EVO parts and planning on getting a couple of more in the near future.

They're a great company and so is Metalcloak. I'm sure they each have their pros and cons.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure it isn't. But then again it's not even within the same price range.

What? The Gamechanger kit is $4000. EVO bolt on coil overs like what Ricky has comes up to $3600. Granted, you would need to get control arms and a few other components but that would only be about a grand more at most and that would totally be in the same relative price range. :naw:

Once again I said I'm happy with it and would definitely buy it again.

Once again, as you should be and should be willing to buy again. NOBODY is suggesting otherwise :naw:

I know this forum is very EVO bias and I never bashed on EVO.

:yawn37: Here we go - when you no longer have anything useful to add to the conversation, you throw out the "bias" card :naw:

Everyone needs to be open minded and understand that every person has their own opinion and can make different choices.

And YOU need to be open minded and understand that OTHER people have their own opinions and can make different choices as well. Like most fanboys - this point seems to fly right over your head! Just because you don't like what you're hearing doesn't mean that anyone is "bashing" anyone or anything. If anything, it is YOU who are bashing us and dismissing anything we might have to say by suggesting we are "biased" just because we "disagree" with you. :naw:

Top Bottom