Warn elite series bumper + tire carrier rattle?

bladeolson

I got a new bumper and tire rack that opens with the back tailgate. It's nice, but I am getting some rattle. It seems to be coming from the joint arm that connects door to the rack. It's pretty annoying even on small bumps.

I am a newbie to Jeeps... Is a bit of rattle fair game with this stuff? Or any ideas how I can improve/fix this?

Blade

UNLIMITED_FUN

I had the same issue on my rig but different product, where the spare tire carrier mount fit in to the actual arm.

Even after re tightening bolts etc I had to make a shim to fit between the pieces of metal.

Are you able to repro this by man-handling the tire carrier \ joint arm etc?

bladeolson

I had the same issue on my rig but different product, where the spare tire carrier mount fit in to the actual arm.

Even after re tightening bolts etc I had to make a shim to fit between the pieces of metal.

Yeah I can reproduce by shaking the tire carrier. Do you have a photo of what you made? I was thinking to get some rubber washers too..

bladeolson

Do you have a photo of shim? I added some rubber washers and that helped alittle but seems the bolts are too big for the ball joint

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not really familiar with this bumper tire carrier but a lot of them with this design will rattle. Is there anything on the setup that incorporates the rubber isolators on your tailgate or maybe did it come with one of its own?

Top Bottom