Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS tracker on Jeep

Knows a Thing or Two Spudcannons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop315 View Post
    anyone ever install a switch to disable the electrical systems in a vehicle? Something hidden, and not easily figured out by a car thief is what I'm thinking. But still simple to turn off and on.

Edit: Still, if someone tows your Jeep while you aren't looking, you'd want to have some sort of gps to track it.
    Mad max style kill switch sequence?

Been Around the Block Krystianjk's Avatar
    I have the Mopar GPS tracker installed already when I got my jeep and it works really well and accurate too it tells you how fast you are going and where exactly the vehicle is

Quote Originally Posted by Spudcannons View Post
    Mad max style kill switch sequence?
    With fireworks to be launched from a dumb guy's head...

Hooked
    Years back, I bought a new Toyota truck. Had the dealer install a spring loaded toggle switch which had to be engaged for the starter to work. Also installed a hidden kill switch for the fuel pump that was easily accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF View Post
    Viper Smart Start is a good GPS tracking device on jeep. Nothing is bullet proof but at least you can track it from your phone until the thief has time to disable it.
    Anti-theft hidden GPS is essential. Mine is POKEMON, the positioning function is very accurate. The disadvantage is that it is paid monthly. The advantage is its powerful battery life. I have used it for 2 weeks and the battery life is 79%. It also has a power saving mode, which definitely allows it to last more than 4 weeks.
    Last edited by WJCO; 12-13-2019 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helhelen View Post
    Anti-theft hidden GPS is essential. Mine is POKEMON, the positioning function is very accurate. The disadvantage is that it is paid monthly. The advantage is its powerful battery life. I have used it for 2 weeks and the battery life is 79%. It also has a power saving mode, which definitely allows it to last more than 4 weeks.
    Your reputation here again is flawless. I'm in. Where do I sign up? I was a little suspicious at first, but seeing that you just bumped a 4 year old thread, I know you're legit.
    Last edited by WJCO; 12-13-2019 at 04:02 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I have a Spot Trace on my Jeep. It’s hardwired into the Jeep and has a battery backup. It sends me a daily status message via text and email with the Jeep’s position. It will also notify me when it moves and provides me it’s location every 5 minutes while it moves. I have driven from East Coast to West Coast as well as on multiple trails at Moab and it shows the position every 5 minutes. I pay a yearly subscription for this. I have been very happy with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12