Dirty game vs. clean game

bigtrucker52

Hey everyone i'm still stock unfortunately but that doesn't stop me at all from having fun in my jeep. As you can probably tell from the title I don't play the clean game at all. I was at a cvs the other day and i came across a sad, shameful sight that I happened to park next to since it's a jeep thing to park next to or near other jeeps. I laughed because here's my stock 2door with mud and dirt on it next to an awesome 2door lifted w/ 35s that looks like it has never seen anything but pavement all it's life. It made me sad. Post your dirty next to clean pics!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436112787.367263.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I won't lie, I try my hardest to keep my Jeeps as clean as possible at all times. Hell, I even go so far as to purposefully try and avoid mud holes on the trail and if I have to go through one, I roll as slowly as possible after the fact as to fling as little mud on the body as I can. If there were anyway possible to maintain a showroom shine on the trail - I would make it happen :D

SilverBack

Had my jeep since December of last year and it has a ratio of about 1 to 11, I.e. 1 clean and 11 not clean. It gets cleaned often but is usually not clean for more than a few hours! It then remains dirty until bath time again!!!!

big dr

I havent washed my jeep since I went to Moab in April! The red dust reminds me of the trip!:thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
I havent washed my jeep since I went to Moab in April! The red dust reminds me of the trip!:thumb:

That's good because you'll have a hard time getting it out at this point. Lol. I try to at the minimum give the jeep a real good rinse after every trip. I learned quickly that letting dirt and mud sit only makes it that much harder to clean and can stain the fenders.

Also, rinsing it makes it easier to do visual inspections if you've got clean bolts and torque markings to look at.

Lastly, as my DD, dirt on your dress slacks only increases the dry leaning bills. Lol. 😉👍👍

DMF

I"m obsess with trying to keep things clean. I've pulled out the clorox wipes in the middle of trail runs to wipe things down. As soon as I get back home from a trip I'll washed it and it doesn't matter if it's 2 or 3am. Anyways I rather have battle scars on my wheels and stuff than having dirt on the Jeep. Makes me feel like a tough guy!

Hot94Z28

I'm bad at trying to keep mine clean my wife is always telling me I bought the wrong vehicle since I'm OCD about cleaning my shit.

dillard09

Being from North Texas, there was not much else to do but play in the mud after a rain. Now, not so much. I don't wash my Jeep very often except when its muddy. Gotta conserve that precious California water! :thumb:

JohnnyD

I'm used to really OCD about my vehicles but since the kids came along that shit went right out the window lol.

I'm still pretty good at hosing her down after runs but not always..my last run was my dirtiest so far...let the wife take it through a muddy section with a good hole in it and my instructions were to make sure you keep on the gas....she took this instruction as "floor it" and well let's just say the top was down and windows off....three tries later in still cleaning mud out of it...but all good...look on her face was worth it

bigtrucker52

Yeah I usually rinse mine off after every mud bath or trail ride. When i first got my jeep i was washing it once a week until about 3 months later. Then winter hit and then when it got warmer I started mudding and so that stopped pretty quickly

Oh I love this. I haven't washed my jeep in months. But I live close to a car wash and I see jeeps come though all the time washing there jeep right after a trail run. And I just laugh your washing off all the good stuff. The rain and snow clean our jeep. We are stock as well and that doesn't stop us from seeing the back county

Attachments

• 1436540236414.jpg
    1436540236414.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 105
  • 1436540288614.jpg
    1436540288614.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1436540339638.jpg
    1436540339638.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 1436540381723.jpg
    1436540381723.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 102

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Yup, I'm pretty OCD about keeping the Jeep clean. I love getting it dirty on the trail, but I equally enjoying driving a clean Jeep around town.

Also, I find keeping the undercarriage and running gear (U-Joints, engine, trans, etc.) clean too as that helps early diagnosis of leaks.

Top Bottom