Swanky Builds Thread

Howdy everyone....

I thought I would start a build thread for some of the stuff we get into. (Seems everyone else has one and I wanted to be cool too.) ;) While both the wife's and my Jeep are pretty far along, We are typical Jeep owners and they are never truly done. :driving:

I'll kick it off with a picture I've been wanting for some time and finally took (Alana and I with both Jeeps). I have no idea what project will be next but rest assured there will be some. :yup:

kRaCjvMeUy0rkFKagHfLhJVCkxuwVMzp6JXmvzHuL0k=w1072-h603-no

Last edited:
While this was actually before the picture above, it was out last project that we wrapped up this weekend so I thought I would add it in.

Stripping Lil-Punkin' down for the rear cage.

fbYZsBDUPw_fH2rwSinbBbzHpHIgRjjD5OXyoX5R4YI=w1072-h604-no

All tac'd in

OxykpqVEFSzAVnxtzg_8qokJxBCyIFXukW4AbhXAUGA=w1072-h604-no

...and welded up.

bzGPmC5dqwSutvLRB-le-lF7DIcwfyuYqBsLT9KLpk4=w1072-h604-no

Paint work was done throughout the week. After being generally dissatisfied with the adhesion and durability of the dark silver we painted her rocker armor and front Rockhard cage with I opted for a standard two-stage paint. I was really hoping the silver would darken up some, but unfortunately it didn't. The good news is we like this shade of sliver more. The bad news is I will likely be stripping and repainting the rocker armor and front cage :crazyeyes:.

b6-E_NBeHU5fDqa9l0_iYXr0T07Fh1t_VcwjbeteRG8=w1072-h604-no

UC-EQMlGvn0H72ukSOO21PsB5yxviih0wYMWNXi84Bo=w1072-h604-no

...all buttoned back up minus the rear seat and top. Alana opted to leave them out and actually we took the doors off for the group picture in post 1 and today (She went to work naked LOL)

uRn2dL-uBQjCbCnfYDpmMn2VwLUvKSFTr3VkdsStJv0=w1072-h604-no

Spudcannons

That is a good looking cage! nice job! I hope to do something like that sometime but you know safety third :brows:

Just a few more pictures of how it works with the top.

Unfortunately, Alana has to suit up for tomorrow's weather :(

Attachments

• 1436228746051.jpg
    1436228746051.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 1436228767063.jpg
    1436228767063.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 288

jkwebbie

While this was actually before the picture above, it was out last project that we wrapped up this weekend so I thought I would add it in.

Stripping Lil-Punkin' down for the rear cage.

fbYZsBDUPw_fH2rwSinbBbzHpHIgRjjD5OXyoX5R4YI=w1072-h604-no

All tac'd in

OxykpqVEFSzAVnxtzg_8qokJxBCyIFXukW4AbhXAUGA=w1072-h604-no

...and welded up.

bzGPmC5dqwSutvLRB-le-lF7DIcwfyuYqBsLT9KLpk4=w1072-h604-no

Paint work was done throughout the week. After being generally dissatisfied with the adhesion and durability of the dark silver we painted her rocker armor and front Rockhard cage with I opted for a standard two-stage paint. I was really hoping the silver would darken up some, but unfortunately it didn't. The good news is we like this shade of sliver more. The bad news is I will likely be stripping and repainting the rocker armor and front cage :crazyeyes:.

b6-E_NBeHU5fDqa9l0_iYXr0T07Fh1t_VcwjbeteRG8=w1072-h604-no

UC-EQMlGvn0H72ukSOO21PsB5yxviih0wYMWNXi84Bo=w1072-h604-no

...all buttoned back up minus the rear seat and top. Alana opted to leave them out and actually we took the doors off for the group picture in post 1 and today (She went to work naked LOL)

uRn2dL-uBQjCbCnfYDpmMn2VwLUvKSFTr3VkdsStJv0=w1072-h604-no

Is this a custom cage or did you order it from somewhere? It looks great! I've been looking at getting a cage for my 2 door

Is this a custom cage or did you order it from somewhere? It looks great! I've been looking at getting a cage for my 2 door

The rear is a Synergy builder's cage kit. I got it from Northridge. The front is Rockhard that I got from them directly.

I forget who warned me, but they were right. I put a small scratch on my new Poison Spyder C-Pillars putting the top back on the very first time. My fix (hopefully) is some of that protective clear film. Can you see it?

Attachments

• 1436374551909.jpg
    1436374551909.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 248
After two busy days back to work I finally got to put my Jeep up on the rack and check over everything from the Rubicon. I'm happy to report I only have some new scrapes to the sliders, skids, and frame. We thought for sure that we had a bent axle flange and even called Northridge to see about a replacement. David was going to help us out but before we pulled the trigger I wanted to get home and check it. I'm glad I did as it turned out to not be an issue. Our noises were all due to the brake pad clips as Tony suspected. :yup:

Speaking of scrapes... This is what two DRY days in the east will do to bare steel. The cancer had already begun so I repainted these spots.

cancer.jpg

Oh, I also made our ARB fridge even more awsomer than it usta was ;)

cooler.jpg

I look forward to replacing some stickers soon but I had space that needed filled :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom