Wow

JRied

My brother just face timed me and showed me something that pisses me off. My brother went wheeling and his power steering went out mid trail, tried to make it to the end and snapped his sector shaft. He was stuck in a mud hole at 4am and had to leave it because he had no way to get it out at the time and had to work. Long story short he returned today to jack up the front and manually turn the wheels and winch/reverse it out to the street and tow it. His jeep had his spare tire stolen, windshield smashed, all hard top glass smashed, and 3 out of 4 door windows smashed. They also stole his coolers, amp, sub, ripped his security box off the dash, stole his winch, and STOLE ALL HIS FUSES from the box so he can't even start it. Oh an they topped his radiator off with mud water. Somehow didn't steal his jw speakers. Really shitty man. Pisses me off how some people are such fucking assholes. Me and my brother could find a jeep abandoned in the woods and worst we would do is write mall crawler on it with mud.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Unbelievable how shitty some people are. Unfortunately, you just can't leave a stuck vehicle these days.

07JKSahara

I don't get what drives these people. We're all in the hobby together, we all might need to depend on each other some time in the woods. Terrible people. Sorry to hear about that.

TwistedJK

Unfortunately I've seen vehicles like that left out on some local wheeling trails. A lot of drunk local boys love to do that shit.

MotoMatthew

Where was this?

If he carries full coverage he can claim the loss as vandalism now. It won't hurt his rates one bit.

What a bunch of asshats.

JRied

Where was this?

If he carries full coverage he can claim the loss as vandalism now. It won't hurt his rates one bit.

What a bunch of asshats.

It was in homestead Florida. Yea he has full coverage from Allstate. He's now trying to buy the correct fuses just to be able to start it to get it to the road. Id go and winch him out but my jeep I had to take back to the dealership a 2nd time for a rear main seal leak. And everyone else has a problem with there's now. Sucks big time. I'll post pics later on

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
People SUCK!!

I hate to admit it but honestly, there are just as many assholes who are into wheeling as there are in anything. Just because we all love the same thing doesn't mean squat. I hope your brother's insurance will be able to help out.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Assholes. Unfortunately this happens all too much. Sucks when you've put your blood, sweat, tears, and hard earned money into something and assholes have to ruin it.

MotoMatthew

I'm fairly certain comprehensive coverage applies anywhere in the United States. Shouldn't matter if you are off road or not. You need to make a police report though. A lot of places allow you to make a police report online for vandalism. Take photos at a bare minimum.

RedRum

That is awful ! I trust no one and honestly would have called out and stayed with it because I have seen what people who nothing but time on their hands are capable of ... That really is bs !!!!

Kalums

Dirt bags unfortunately out number honest ppl....... It sux but I believe it's the truth.
That really stinks about the Jeep!

JRied

Damn it dude. Makes me sick just reading that. I hope it is covered and everything gets taken care of

I believe insurance should cover all glass and damage to the body, but upgraded sound system, winch, and spare I'm not to sure about. He insured it while it was a stock Sahara.

Spudcannons

I believe insurance should cover all glass and damage to the body, but upgraded sound system, winch, and spare I'm not to sure about. He insured it while it was a stock Sahara.

It will all be covered as long as he has receipts. If there are any pictures of it on the vehicle there will be no contention. This does hinge on the quality of insurance coverage.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Sadly, like Eddie said, some shitheads are into wheeling too. They are also the people who leave trash on our trails, vandalize historical sites along our trail such as the hieroglyphics in Moab and other areas, and trash historical old west mine sites and ghost towns. Hopefully Karma pays them a visit sooner than later.

Top Bottom