Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Teraflex Lift Kit Upgrade

  1. #1
    LOSER
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    92

    Teraflex Lift Kit Upgrade

    Hey guess i was wondering if anybody out there is looking for a 4" teraflex lift kit with full mid control arms & Fox Racing shocks with External Reservoir.
    Im wanting to upgrade mine to a 6" long arm so if anyone is looking for a awesome 4" lift kit let me know. Teraflex told me i can upgrade my springs to 6" but i would like to have the long arms as well. So if your in the market for a used lift kit let me know!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bethlehem, GA
    Posts
    5,247
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want that much lift?

  3. #3
    LOSER
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    92
    [QUOTE=thardy;545733]Just out of curiosity, why would you want that much lift?[/QUOTE

    Well i went from having a tahoe lifted 9" to the jeep with only 4". I love my jeep the way it is but i would like to be sitting a little bit higher. I have height issues i guess lol

  4. #4
    Old Timer RockyJk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,691
    Are the shocks teraflex tuned?

  5. #5
    LOSER
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJk View Post
    Are the shocks teraflex tuned?
    No they are fox factory tuned. After running them for the past year i have no complaints what so ever. Made the jeep ride alot better than the teraflex shocks that come with the lift kit.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bethlehem, GA
    Posts
    5,247

    Teraflex Lift Kit Upgrade

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrady81 View Post
    Well i went from having a tahoe lifted 9" to the jeep with only 4". I love my jeep the way it is but i would like to be sitting a little bit higher. I have height issues i guess lol
    6" is a LOT of lift for a JK. I personally wouldnt go that route, but hey, your jeep.
    Last edited by thardy; 07-09-2015 at 07:00 PM.

  7. #7
    Knows a Thing or Two
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrady81 View Post
    Hey guess i was wondering if anybody out there is looking for a 4" teraflex lift kit with full mid control arms & Fox Racing shocks with External Reservoir.
    Im wanting to upgrade mine to a 6" long arm so if anyone is looking for a awesome 4" lift kit let me know. Teraflex told me i can upgrade my springs to 6" but i would like to have the long arms as well. So if your in the market for a used lift kit let me know!
    For What It Is Worth:

    6" of lift is far too much for a JK. Unless you are planning on running 42" Super Swampers on FR/RR D80s, there is no reason to be that high. Well unless of course you "want" to flop your rig.

  8. #8
    LOSER
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by drew@offroadevolution View Post
    For What It Is Worth:

    6" of lift is far too much for a JK. Unless you are planning on running 42" Super Swampers on FR/RR D80s, there is no reason to be that high. Well unless of course you "want" to flop your rig.
    I would like to run 40's sometime in the future. I know a guy who has 8" of lift and still running stock axles and he has never had any problems with his. He has eve done several car crushes with no problems. Also my 2001 tahoe had 9" of lift on 37" tires and as top heavy as thos rides are i never had any crazy body roll in the curves.

  9. #9
    -
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Silverdale, WA
    Posts
    146
    No they are fox factory tuned
    From what Fox engineer's told me there is no such thing as teraflex Tuned. they are all valved the same.

  10. #10
    LOSER
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Northridge4x4 View Post
    From what Fox engineer's told me there is no such thing as teraflex Tuned. they are all valved the same.
    I have heard of tunning them for a jeep but not lift kit tuned. So i agree with you there!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS