Planned Johnson Valley Closure: August 1-30, 2016

jesse3638

Hooked
I know its more that a year away but I wanted to share some information I just received via email about a planned temporary closure of Johnson Valley.

The Marine Corps recently notified BLM of their plans to utilize the Johnson Valley Shared Use Area for military training from August 1-30, 2016, and of the associated temporary closure. BLM is working with the Marines to address issues associated with this military training/closure, and to keep the public informed.

BACKGROUND: On December 26, 2013 the National Defense Authorization Act of 2014 (NDAA) was signed into law, authorizing the Marine Corps to occupy the Johnson Valley Shared Use Area (SUA) for two 30-day periods annually during which time the area would be closed to the public.

The Marines have established a project website to obtain additional information. The project website is http://www.29palms.marines.mil/Staff/G5CommunityPlansPAO/JohnsonValley.aspx

The Marines have also developed a mobile app for Johnson Valley OHV Recreation Area to alert the user to the SUA temporary closures for military training and when the user approaches/crosses into an area permanently closed to public access.

If you have questions regarding the August 1-30, 2016 temporary closure of the Johnson Valley Shared Use Area, contact the BLM-Barstow Field Office (760) 252-6000 or the Marines at 760-830-3737; smbplmsjohnsonvalley@usmc.mil.

I tried installing the mobile app but it does not appear to be available quit yet.

jkbarnett

At least it's still a shared area and the off-road community didn't lose it all together. Thanks to all that have worked hard to save Johnson Valley

Top Bottom