age old question...best soft top

TJ4fun

Hi folks, this must have been discussed a million times on other sites, but the opinions here matter. With Smitybuilt pavement ends and all the rest of the affordable brands, what is the best bang for the buck? Sure bestop is great but a little pricey, anybody have a Quadratec sail cloth top? Would sure like to here from you all. Thank you.

Chad

I have a Best Top and love it. A little more pricy, yes. But you get what you pay for. Holds up great in the rain and cleans easily. The tinted side and rear windows are also a plus. Very tight top with no flapping at interstate speeds.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, you really should look into getting a Bestop. They are the manufacturer of OE tops and they are what will fit the best.

Moabbnd

The bestop is a wonderful top and great quality, but take a look at the quadratop. I've seen a few reviews and write-ups describing the top and they've all been positive

TJ4fun

moabbnd, yes, i have really checked out Quadratec sail cloth top. Sounds great, but it only comes in Black Diamond. Is Black diamond harder to clean? looks like it.

Moabbnd

moabbnd, yes, i have really checkt Quadratec sail cloth top. Sounds great, but it only comes in Black Diamond. Is Black diamond harder to clean? looks like it.

Black diamond is what came factory on 03-06 tjs. Its a nice texture and imo looks better than black denim. Its not hard to clean, you could always get the bestop soft top cleaner and scrub any tougher areas

I run the Bestop Trektop NX on my personal TJ here in Colorado. I've had it on there for close to 2 years now and it's fantastic. I even sold my hardtop after I put it on.

-Tim

Napalm

Another vote for the TrekTop NX here... Bestop has top notch quality, and an amazing warranty. Plus, the looks alone are enough!!

TJ4fun

just purchased a Quadratec soft top

Hello folks, I just got off line after purchasing a Quadratec Sail cloth premium Black Diamond soft top for my TJ. Should be here next week, so, Ill take pics, and try to let everyone know of what i think of the over all quality. Many folks suggested bestop and I agree that they are a fine company and there top is a great product. I really appreciate all the opinions and advice i can get, especially when it come to bang for the buck!

I looked hi and low for just one negative review on the Quadratop and was unable to find any, so i thought id give it a try. I found that I could get a premium sail cloth for just under the cost of a bestop regular replace-a-top. I love bestop products and own many of them including there seat covers and man there great! I just thought id give this top a chance, i have seen many people out there ask about them. The sun down here in San Diego can tear up most anything man can make, so lets see how it holds up, but I do park under cover however except at work, so it may take longer for a real accurate test. I hope this will help folks in the future when searching for a new top. Well see.

TJ4fun

Hello folks, installed my new quadratop sailcloth this morning. I was impressed with the shipping, received this top very quickly and as it turns out, this top shipped from a warehouse in Nevada. Came in a well packed box with no damage as well as packaged nicely and they protected the windows well with wrapping paper.

Installation was a breeze, just follow the removal of the old top in reverse order. It was 92 deg at 10:15 AM so i only had to put the top in the sun for around 30 min while a had another cup of coffee. This top fits tight, like i was hoping it would and everything fits like it should. Nice zippers and good quality Velcro too. I am so relieved to find that this top actually is as advertized, I was really worried about it. I was torn between Bestop and and Quadratop. I would have stuck with Bestop, since all of my tops over the years have been bestop. I took a chance and went with this premium sailcloth top because of cost....a sailcloth for around the same price as a replace a top Bestop. I really like bestop and now, i am happy to say Quadratop has done a good job. These two tops are a good choice View attachment 159983 View attachment 159982 and either one will work fine for us jeepers.

Top Bottom