EVO high clearance long arm brackets

Has anyone with the bolt on brackets switched over to the high clearance brackets? Do they use the same arms?

You can't run the high clearance kit with bolt-ons without fab work. They do not mount to the same brackets in the rear (axle side) due to the angle change. The rear high clearance moves the rear frame side inside instead of on the frame.

Spudcannons

You can't run the high clearance kit with bolt-ons without fab work. They do not mount to the same brackets in the rear (axle side) due to the angle change. The rear high clearance moves the rear frame side inside instead of on the frame.

I was thinking of replacing the bolt on brackets with the weld on ones. I believe you are saying I need angled arms?

ChaosNein

The EVO MFG High Clearance L/A Rear Brackets COMPLETELY remove the Lower Control Arm Brackets AND Lower Shock Mount off of the axle. It then requires you to weld the EVO MFG 3 Degree Bracket onto the axle. This bracket DOES NOT include a Lower Shock Mount and EVO MFG DOES NOT sell a Lower Shock Mount for this bracket. So you will need either to run the EVOLever OR a shop that will fabricate you Lower Shock Mounts.

The EVO MFG High Clearance L/A Rear Brackets COMPLETELY remove the Lower Control Arm Brackets AND Lower Shock Mount off of the axle. It then requires you to weld the EVO MFG 3 Degree Bracket onto the axle. This bracket DOES NOT include a Lower Shock Mount and EVO MFG DOES NOT sell a Lower Shock Mount for this bracket. So you will need either to run the EVOLever OR a shop that will fabricate you Lower Shock Mounts.

Thank you :thumb:

BigPrince

Besides the stocking of an additional part or the marketing to force a user up to a rear lever setup to get the high clearance arms - any reason EVO does not want to sell an alternate bracket with a shock mount? Obviously it technically worked with RubiCat. I'm asking as I'm currently trying to think of an upgrade strategy. I probably would have already pulled the trigger on these if I was able to buy them and then do the front and the rear staggered over a couple months. The high cost of the rear lever and making me do it first or all together really has kept me from pulling the trigger.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

This ^^^

LOL!! And this is right from the horses mouth :D

Besides the stocking of an additional part or the marketing to force a user up to a rear lever setup to get the high clearance arms - any reason EVO does not want to sell an alternate bracket with a shock mount? Obviously it technically worked with RubiCat. I'm asking as I'm currently trying to think of an upgrade strategy. I probably would have already pulled the trigger on these if I was able to buy them and then do the front and the rear staggered over a couple months. The high cost of the rear lever and making me do it first or all together really has kept me from pulling the trigger.

I don't think you quite understand what all is involved with installing the brackets on to the axle. If I didn't have Off Road Evolution to do the install, I wouldn't have been running the high clearance brackets.

I'm not speaking for EVO but the CO kits, in my opinion, were designed for people who can do a pretty straight forward instal, truly as a bolt on kit. The other brackets that the kits use have sturdy points to rest against. Once you cut all the other points off the rear axle, you have to know what your doing and in my opinion, have done it before. Otherwise, lots of bad press. I chose to do the high clearance brackets but had EVO do the work so it was done right. Just my $.02

BigPrince

All due respect guys - this isn't nuclear fission we're talking about, it's a couple shock mounts. If it can be done, and has been done, it can be replicated.
The shop who will do my install routinely does custom suspensions and could probably add the shock mount themselves but I'd rather have something from EVO. I live about as far away as you can get though. I feel like the forest is being lost for the trees. I'm asking for a $100 part for a $7-10k suspension.

All due respect guys - this isn't nuclear fission we're talking about, it's a couple shock mounts. If it can be done, and has been done, it can be replicated.
The shop who will do my install routinely does custom suspensions and could probably add the shock mount themselves but I'd rather have something from EVO. I live about as far away as you can get though. I feel like the forest is being lost for the trees. I'm asking for a $100 part for a $7-10k suspension.

Have them fab it up then. After all, it's only a couple parts in a few thousand dollar build on a few thousand dollar jeep.....

In all seriousness. Good luck. You will love the CO's. Just have them build what you need and go for it.

Top Bottom